1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by mortas, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

You mean he wasn't smart enough to turn the other way and cut you off? ;)

2. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Dirzzt can be Killed!

I had my elven fighter hasted, drunk the potion of power or so, used arrows of piercing...his THACO was -5 I think...and he has begun to shoot arrows at Drizzt. When Drizzt got close, he just ran away and begun to shoot once more. Drizzt has about 90 HP-s so it would take a while to kill him, but it is possible!

3. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hey, Dudette!
    All Drow ARE evil. If you are not evil you should kill all Drow on sight. Do not hesitate. Kill Drizzt any way you can, and take his goodies! Oh, and if you ever meet a guy named Artemis Entreri, he'll probably kill you if you mention it. (Artie is from the Drizzt books, and wants to destroy Drizzt himself! Go Artie!!!)

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Spades ----> Bullshit, as anyone knows, the alignment of Drizzt is Chaotic Good. So give up, just say: I am a powergamer and don't tell bullshit like this. Drizzt asks you to help and he's friendly so no reason to kill him except you think items more important than people.

Not all drow are evil and so don't kill them all. You have too kill HOSTILE people, not friendly people of wich you THINK they are evil.

5. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31

Headbanger:
    D's alignment is WRITTEN as chaotic good. But can you really call someone who slaughters his own kinfolk GOOD? I think not. If the D-dog was really good, he would have tried to make a better life for his people, tried to make Menzoberranzen(sp?) a better place. Zaknafein (D's father) didn't agree with Lloth's ways, but he stayed and made a positive difference, no matter how big or small. D ran with his tail between his legs, causing the death of many innocent GOOD svirfneblin, dwarves, humans, etc. GOOD citizens do not run from their problems...cowards do.

Dudette: Sorry, I was just funnin' you. Don't mess with Drizzt unless you're evil 'cause the game does consider him Good, and you will suffer Rep loss --- and as 'Banger says, in a role-playing game you really should play the character's role to the best of your ability. I hate Drizzt, but if I had a Good party I'd help him; with a neutral party I'd probably just watch & then gather the treasure after Drizzt is finished.

Hey, 'Banger: another thought...
    if an evil aligned party-leader attacks Drizzt, he(Drizzt) massacres the entire party, regardless of alignment. Defend THAT!!!

[This message has been edited by Ace of Spades (edited May 04, 2001).]

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Good has to fight evil, Evil has to fight good. So when you're evil, attack drizzt, for he would also attack you. But never should good attack good. For good can't attack good, when there's a fight between good and good, one of the "good" became evil. In the game, Drizzt is good and I see you are good too. When you attack Drizzt, he is not the one that seems to be good but IS evil, but YOU are the one that seemed to be good but became evil (just 'coz 3 pieces of metal)

Talk about alignment, killing Drizzt or not is a test if you're realy good or evil, if you are powergamer or not.

I have spoken.

7. stargazer Gems: 5/31

I'd have to agree with Ace this time, Headbanger. Well, almost.
    Roleplaying should be based on your alignment but sometimes people act completely out of character.

Good ones are unlikely to kill Drizzt, but what if they had an unpleasant experience with some other drow and are now seeking for revenge? They are blinded by their hatred and refuse to understand that D is different.

Evil characters are... evil. They would generally do anything for personal gain and they would kill just about anyone, even another evil person - if we accept that D seems or is still evil.

Of course, I ain't no idealist here that thinks all of you that tried to kill Drizzt did it for the sake of roleplay :). The swords are tempting but I would try to leave them where they are.

P.S. I didn't kill him when playing through.

[This message has been edited by Stargazer rb-rjd (edited May 05, 2001).]

8. Avooch Dar Guest

[​IMG] I could kill Drizzt with both my hands tied behind my back! hehe

9. Avooch Dar Guest

Drizzt can be killed and do it by all means... but it makes Sarevok seem like a kitten. Sort of ruins the end of the game.

Edit your previous post next time and post doubles. We have a rule about that around here. (I'll obviously have to nail it to the door somewhere, heh).

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 06, 2001).]

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Y'all talk about what Drizzt should do (attack you for he's evil) but look what he does. He doesn't attack you, he don't fight you, he don't challenge you, he's nice to you so be nice too. And you should be a really bad player when you say: I kill him just for being a draw, for you never can be a hero when you only look to the outside instead of the inside of others. And you all know this, but everybody is searching for arguments and stupid things (however they know there aren't) why they still can kill a good person just for 3 fuckin' pieces of metal.

Indeed AD&D is about alignment so do what you should do with your alignment and don't fool yourself with this.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.