1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by mortas, Apr 16, 2001.

1. mortas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i have two questions :
    - how the f*ck can i kill dritzzt ? I have tried everything......
    - is it worth to kill dritzzt because i read that you lose 10 rep. points...

2. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Now, why would want to kill one of the great heros of the Icewind Dale area?

You can pick his pocket twice to get both weapons, if that's what you're after. If you want the armor you'll have to kill him though :(. I tried (just for fun) and he smacked my party down like they were flies.

You can try some walkthroughs at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index.php for some suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

no way! you can pick his pockets?! hrm. shoulda tried. As for trying to kill him.. all I can say is: You gotta be kidding me. CAN he be killed? I think he gave me 2 slashes each party member. It was sad.

4. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I tried to kill Tethtoril, Elminster, and Gorion, there all gods.

5. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Can you pick his pocket twice??? I couldn't do it. After I did it once and got the +2 sword, it said there's nothing to steal or something like that when I tried to pickpocket him again!

You can kill drizzt if you surround him with your NPC characters. Here's what you do. Get a full party. Surround Drizzt with the 5 NPC's. Walk up to each of them and remove then from the party. Make sure you are right next to them when you remove them. You should have Drizzt surrounded and then you can attack him with bows or with a spear. He won't attack you because he's surrounded by NPCs. How won't attack them either.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You can only pickpocket Drizzt for his scimitars if you don't have the patch installed. After you install it, you can't pickpocket him anymore and the ring of wiz at FAI is gone too. Old news. ;)

7. Bowie Gems: 8/31

Actually, I tried to and was able to pick his pocket once with BG:TotSC installed for the Frostband +3 Scimitar. I read a bit later in a walkthrough that it could be done twice, and took it at it's word.

8. herf Guest

when you are attacking drizzt you need at leats a +1 weapon and he can only be hit on a critical hit, anything else either misses or doesnt cause him damage.
    it is very hard to kill him.

9. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I can't believe you guys have never killed him. The method I used was to use a wand of monster summoning I picked up somewhere. Just surround him with monsters and then force attack. I'll admit it took me a while to finally kill him but his armour makes it worth it. And who really worries about the rep loss. By the time I was up to him I had a rep of 20 so I only went down to 10 which is a neutral reaction anyway. Getting back up agian was really easy to. I didn't even have to donate any money.

NB one problem is that Drizzt's racial enemy was gnolls and if your wand summons gnolls he attacks them automatically.

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Yep you can use the monster-summoning-method indeed but don't fall out of your roll. With a Neutral/Good party, you don't kill Drizzt, one of the most famous heroes just for his items? (damn I hate those powergamers) Indeed, you get a very low reputation and a real bad feeling when you are realy neutral or good and else go play evil.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] HeadBanger: You're a Paladin aren't you...
    Damn Goody Two-Shoes :D hehe

12. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I use an entirely different method. After I leave the Friendly Arm Inn area I go get Kivan. I then get Garrick and stock up on bolts and arrows for Myself, Imoen, Kivan and Garrick.

-I already dumped Xzar, Montaron, Khalid and Jaheria at the Friendly Arm Inn. However add them to your party to get potions of speed, etc.

I then make a dash to the area where Drizzt is. I fight the skeletons and half-ogres where the Fishermans house is located. I then leave my party in the middle of the Island in the fishermans lake. I drink a potion of speed (have a potion of invisibility in the quick slot) and run around the West side of the lake down to where Drizzt is at and talk trash.

He comes after you and you speed up and lure him to the edge of the bottom of the lake just so that you can see your party on the south part of the Island in the lake. Drizzt comes up to kill you... drink the Invisibility potion and run around to join your friends from thier safe location.

It's killin' time! You see Drizzt on the edge of the lake from your safe location. He can't walk on water so shower him with arrows, bolts and bullets to get the job done. IT TAKES A WHILE for the Critical hits to do enough damage but.... I'ts safe and effective for a LOW level party. :)

[This message has been edited by Draco Vlasavius (edited April 17, 2001).]

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I'm no paladin... but I indeed go for Fair Play. See it just as in real life. When you can get an item, go on, but you don't kill innocent people just to get something you wanna have.

Life is always a choice between what you wanna get and what you have to do to get it.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Oh, well I think it's direct translation into life is a bit farfetched, to think that you'd kill someone for that I mean. I would kill him if I could in the game, but in real life be content to pickpocket him or something. I play Chaotic Good, but lawful Evil is better. Good guys get all the breaks... You'd be surprised at how much suspicion can be diminished at a smile and the wave of the hand [wolf in sheeps clothing] ;)

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Well as I said then, I have no problems with evil people killing Drizzt, I only have people with "good people" killing good guys just for good stuff. :rolleyes

16. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I never bothered to try.
    Seeing him rip apart those gnolls was enough to make me stay my blade. There are weaker goody 2 shoes to kill.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Ah then it seems you have a prob with me, head hehe :D Lucky you Shura, I learned the hard way, 2 Scimitar Slashes per member from the greatest Warrior in the UnderArk since Zaknafein taught ME a lesson or two..

18. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It's kinda messed up though --- If neutral or evil pcs kill Drizzt(the scum-sucking maggot that he is), they can only use 1 of his scimitars - the other is only usable by good pcs - go figger. Oh, and where's Guenhwyvar?

19. Dudette Gems: 8/31

i thought that all drows are evil?

20. FoUl cRoW Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I killed Drizzt probably the hardest way. I stood all but one guy off on the side of the map and stocked that one up on arrows of detonation. I had the boots of speed on that guy (so I could get away!), and shot and ran. I did this until he fell (about 55 arrows and 8 trips around the pond).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.