1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt Meeting

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Snat26, Sep 26, 2001.

1. zaknafein Guest

once again headbanger you prove your wiseness. if your evil than you could kill him but only if you had 3 intelligence cause otherwise your just suicidal. trust me i tried once and died many times

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I don't see how that could be, zak. aren't you the one that taught him in the 1st place ;) Seriously, in BG1 drizzt is only hit by critical hits, and it takes lots of em. Evil people don't "pickpocket" heroes. They make sure that they aren't around to trouble em anymore ;) I went into that island thing then lured drizzt there and peppered him with arrows till he died... i was there for quite a while, let me tell ya. And NO it wasn't cowardly, it's not MY fault that he can't use his innate powers out here on the surface ;)

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

It realy is a lousy way to kill him, and your character is now a real coward for me. It's hard to except that some people are just stronger then you, isn't it? Well, just accept it. Every powerful hero has someone that is even stronger then him.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Those who fight and run away... ;) Anyways, it was a means to an end and that Mithril armor was too much of a temptation. Guess Liriel Baenre's the only "decent" drow left :D Besides, is it possible to kill him in BG1 in honest face to face combat? I'm not aware of it.. anyways I cut him and all his pal down in BG2, pity they didn't let me save... :/

[This message has been edited by R'syil (edited November 22, 2001).]

5. Cog Primius Guest

i hate when you kill drizzt couse he is cool
    but i am so strong so i kill every enemy very easy...

...to easy

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Well, my character takes the Yellow Riband. Not only did he not engage Drizz't in a stand up fight, but he didn't try to pick a fight with Drizz't at all - despite his dislike for overpowered elves. After seeing all these gnolls go down, he grinned and ran away.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

In the very beginning I also killed Drizzt and took his stuff. It gave me a bad feeling for I had to fight him like a coward. My main fighter used his armor and weapons, but after 10 minuts it became boring. No-one could hit me and I killed everybody easily. It just spoiled the game and made it too easy, so I loaded my save before I killed Dirzzt and helped Drizzt and continued the game with a much better feeling.

8. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

How many Good inclined drow are out there in fantasy land? If you had 100 drow in room, how many would be 'Good' aligned? 1 maybe 2.And how many of those 1 or 2 survive? 0 or 1. Your player does not have to know much to figure the odds on meeting a 'good' drow.
    I also said that he is weak if he can't take on a gnoll 'fortess'. All drow are not weak. He is one of the strongest. I simply should a way to talk yourself into taking his equipment no matter what your alignment is.
    That Afghan terrorists comment is way out line. Comparing drow and evil to Afghans and terrorism is absurd. Evil is a way of life for the Drow. Drizzt is an exception to the rule. Terrorism is not a way of life for the Afghan. Most(not many) drow are evil. Most(not many) Afghans are not terrorists.
    As a side note always remember that this(D&D) is a fantasy world and it is built by stereotypes.

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

So what do you do as good hero? To go back to the Afghanistan-example. You can do two things:

1. Kill all people in Afghanistan
    2. Support the people who fight against the Terrorism (Northern Alliance) and fight against the terrorism.

That's what you also should do. Support Drizzt for he is alligned with you. ANd you know that he is not evil, you can talk with him and discover he is not like most drows. And second, he reveales himself as Drizzt do'Urden and EVERY adventurer in Forgotten Realms knows his name and know he is a good drow.

There are no reasons to kill Drizzt when you are good or neutral. Stop defending yourself and just say: Ok, I'm a powergamer, I prefer good weapons above rollplaying, even when I blame myself by fighting him.... cowardly.

10. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] When I first saw Drizzt hack through those Gnolls like a butcher in a slaughter house, I really wanted him to join my party, but he ditched *Sob*. To Where I have no idea. All the badass NPC are lone wolves. WHY??????

11. Fudashi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Alright, time to put in my two cents here.

Headbanger, I think you're really getting off track with that whole terrorist analogy, but you do have a point. Good-aligned characters killing Drizzt is rubbish. Its like a generous, outstanding citizen who donates to charity waking up one day and deciding to bomb a homeless shelter. NOT going to happen.

However, neutral is open to debate. Lawful neutrals value laws above all else, so they wouldn't break them by murdering someone who's done them no wrong, irregardless of who the victim is. True neutrals would only kill someone like Drizzt if there was a massive imbalance of good in the world, which clearly isn't the case in BG. Finally, chaotic neutrals are pyschos (at least thats how I role-play my character, periodically slaughtering complete strangers) and, at least in my eyes, could get away with butchering the poor drow. Observe, Ignus in Planescape: Torment. He'd roast Drizzt like everyone else (Ignus is chaotic neutral, in case you haven't played Torment).

As evil characters go, why they have an excuse to kill Drizzt.

And as far as the whole luring him to the lake thing, thats bs. Do what I do: have a tank PC (preferably Kagain) run like a madman with the boots of speed while your mages and archers turn Drizzt into a pincushion. If it works for the Mongolians, it works for me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.