1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dreams

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just after my wedding, I dreamed that I was talking to my dad. I don't remember what about, I just remember that he hugged me before I woke up. It was awesome because I don't remember much about him

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My dad died when I was 10. Every few years I have a dream with him in it. It's nice because I feel that he's still sticking around and keeping an eye on me.

Lovely dream Silvery - I'm glad your dad popped in for a visit.

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've slept through an earthquake or two also. That said, since living in Southern CA since age 4, unless it's a big one I find that they aren't particularly worth waking up over anyway. :p

I hope I sleep through that one where the San Andreas fault finally gives way, and the Pacific Ocean gets a little bigger. I figure it won't do me much good to be awake for that. ;)

4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    In general, I go to bed, fall asleep within a few minutes and wake up with the alarm clock again, and don't remember my dreams. The only time I remember dreams is when I'm really well rested (at which point I may wake up a few times during the night too), or if I'm sleeping in in the weekend.

Although I usually sleep quite tightly, I will wake up whenever one of the cats jumps off my bed during the night. Usually this means (s)he has to go to the toilet or something, so I let them out, then sleep again.

5. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

My parents are both dead - my dad died 12 years ago, and my mom 5 years ago. Whenever I dream about them, they are both alive, and I have no knowledge that they were ever dead. Its kinda weird.

I seem to remember that I recently had a dream in which my dad was dead and my mom was alive. It would be the first time I have dreamed of my father being dead. I'm not sure, I seem to vaguely remember it.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I don't typically remember my dreams, and as for being a sound sleeper in largely depends. Some nights if I'm really tired, I'll fall asleep with the TV on, and it won't wake me up. Other times if I'm not really tired when I go to bed I'll wake up a couple times in the night. But generally speaking, I don't consider myself a sound sleeper.

My wife is taking a class currently, and two nights ago, my 4-year old fell asleep in bed with me around 9:00. I knew my wife wouldn't be upstairs until much later, and I didn't feel inclined to move him. It turned out my wife ended up sleeping in my son's bed that night and he stayed with me. About 1:00 AM, I woke up - I didn't exactly know why, but I discovered my son's face about 4 inches away from mine, with him looking directly at me. He had to go to the bathroom, and instead of just waking me up, he was hoping I'd wake up... I guess... because he didn't want to make the trip to the bathroom in the dark. I wonder how long he would have waited...

EDIT: We were watching a science show that night. I didn't think Jack was paying attention, but the next day he asked my wife if she knew that all the stars in the sky at night were suns that were really far away, and that when big suns die, they turn into black holes. I was stunned that he got it....

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I had a very interesting dream last night. I dreamed about a cat that I saw on my fence half a week ago.

This means something on quite a few levels for me. To explain I will give a little bit of background about the cat.

I came home from work on Monday I think, and went to check the mail. As I was walking toward the front entrance I noticed a medium-sized dark coloured cat with a main-coon kind of longer hair pattern. He was standing on the top of my tiny fenced back yard and looking at me. I understand cats and approached him in the appropriate manner. He was receptive for me being a stranger to him. He let me gently stroke his cheek/jaw area and didn't look particularly wary. At the same time he didn't go out of his way to let me reach him.

I talked to him for a little while - minute or so - and then told him not to worry because I was just going to go around the corner and open the gate to come in the yard. He followed me via fence top and watched me come through the gate entrance. I went over and opened my house door to put down my purse and then went back over to the cat. He let me touch his face again but when I went to stroke his side a little he got defensive and gave me a little warning. Didn't want me to touch that spot. After a few more strokes on his face I tried to lightly stroke his side again and he reacted the same way. -You don't know me that well - careful. He got tired of visiting with me and walked over to the far corner of the fence and stayed there so I went inside. The next day I noticed footprints in the snow in my flowerbed where he had been exploring.

My dream was significant because I identify with that cat. Obviously something that is happening in my life caused me to reflect upon the creature. The cat and I both have an interest in contact and interaction but we are still wary and need time to explore new territory by our own means.

In waking life I know the cat will be back to visit me. I've seen his footprints before in my yard.

8. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I sometimes remember my dreams, sometimes for as long as a week or so, then forget them. But I have a recurring dream, I have it every few years. I still remember parts of it, though the dream is never exactly the same (that would be creepy).

In the dream I would always feel like I was trying to run away from something. It would always be night, and usually there was a rainstorm. A silhouette riding a bicycle would appear, and I would somehow know that he was after someone else. For some reason I would always stop to look at whoever he was chasing, and then the dream would end with lightning/thunder. I'd usually wake up with a headache. Rarely I would somehow realize that I was dreaming, and I would force myself to look away or try force the silhouette to take form (at this point though dreaming becomes imagining).

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I sometimes dream that my dad is suffocating (what is basically how he died) and I'm unable to help him. Needless to say, those dreams are no fun.

The ones that are (about to be) fun, I suppress, because they usually involve something MUG-related with someone else than my own partner. So in my dreams I say "sorry babe, I can't do that. I'm in a relation". But when I wake up I say: Damnit! I'm too kind to this world.

And I'm quite sure that I have many dreams I can't remember, or just too little to mention.

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    When I was a kid there was a big green bush/tree thingey in our garden. I remember dreaming that it was a sunny day and there was a blue and white figurine of Jesus smashed in half just underneath it. It's weird, I must only have been about 7 when I had this dream but it's stuck with me for years. It was just really peaceful and quite sad at the same time.

I also remember dreaming about flying on a small purple hand-glider. I was only about 3 feet above the ground and I was going around doing jobs for my mum (passing messages and stuff) . Again, I was really young when I dreamed it but it's stuck with me really vividly

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I dreamt that I inherited the local Reptile Shop and there was a downstairs full of awesome reptile things, it was almost like a theme park down there :bigeyes:

And the other night I dreamt Galahad had been mis-sexed so I renamed him Helaine.

I appear to have one-track-dreaming.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.