1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dreams

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That must have been a dream, since we permanently ban all spammers, without any notice. :D

2. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Hmmm.... I haven't had any recent dreams, but have some recurring ones, which always happen before an exam/class and usually involves me being late for the said exam/class. When I wake up, I'm about to freak out then realize that the exam/class hasn't begun yet...crappy way of starting a day :(

One other recent one I remember involved me walking along a street and picking up (in sequence) seven dimes and a brick...(??)

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The weirdass dream I posted about when resurrecting the thread has become a recurring dream. Now I can watch myself beating the crap out of some guy in the Cage of Death.

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    ...oh oh..... :p

5. nunsbane

nunsbane

I was playing a cooperative Halo campaign last weekend at about 2 a.m. after getting no sleep the night before when I dozed off(man, I'm getting old), controller in hand, and left my teammate to deal with legendary mode all on his own. I promptly began dreaming about Gary Busey....how disturbing. Probably because I had seen him on 'Talk Soup' earlier that night acting like the crazy ass that he is during an interview.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had a dream where Ragusa was waving an American flag and cheering as Chandos voted Republican. All the while Aldeth and DR debated the merits of fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror.

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Really weird one last night.
    Was watching some sort of TV show, I gather, which is strange in itself because I don't watch TV.
    Anyways, the premise is apparently that the host gives money to some people who make a case. Talk show/reality TV typed stuff.
    A music video plays. Apparently the couple who are making their case are going to squander the money on wild monkey sex or something. Host is indignified.
    The guy then asks the host to toss him off a giant building (still under construction; they were standing on the metal beams) and break his leg for $1000 (insurance). The host holds the guy in mid-air with a giant pair of tongs. I'm not kidding. The guy constantly challenges the host to toss him off, and the host lets go of the tong - the guy falls, audience gasps - then the host miraculously re-grabs him with the tongs; two giant plastic halves come and encircle the guy in a protective plastic ball. Then, this ball is rolled down a track or something into a huge net, fill of plastic balls with other people in it.
    The crowd cheers. I assume the guy has learnt his lesson, and will be given a stern talking-to in subsequent episodes...

I later dreamt that I attempted to look this episode up on youtube, bu to no avail. Amusingly, I found several OTHER clips of this totally crazy show, as well as some clips of the host.

Then there was another dream where I was taking a cooking-for-dummies class at university...yeah.

Sometimes I worry myself.

8. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've been having rather disturbing dreams recently, mostly about losing my job or being rejected by my friends in some way. Also I dreamed that Tal PMed me and told me not to bother posting news any more bacsue I sucked and having no news at all was better. No, I don't usually dream of you guys, this was an exception :p

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No news better than any news = dream alright. :lol:

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I've had some dreams of this place and the people here, but can't remember now what those dreams have entailed...

11. Disciple of The Watch

I had a weird dream that Kitrax and I were tag team pool champions and that we ruined everyone who was crazy enough to play against us. :skeptic:

Oh yeah, there also was this time when Lore and I were on a cruise to the carribeans on a giant turtle's back while eating apple cinnamon Cheerios. The trip ended up in us eating cheddar in the Tunnel of Love in Alaska.

:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  12. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    :shake:

martaug likes this.
  13. Disciple of The Watch

Alright, more weirdness coming...

This time, I was into an Italian restaurant, with what looked like an organized trip. For some obscure reason, I won $400 - a contest of some sort. At any rate, I wanted to go get a few more phones for my collection, but it was too late in the evening to do so. I then caught a glimpse of the outside of the 'restaurant', which actually was an isolated lavish manor.

Then the damn phone woke me up.

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of weirdness...

Don't remember how it all started (it was a very long dream, at least in dream-time) but I was with a bunch of friends (some from real life and who don't even know each other...) at this really arrogant guy's old castle somewhere in the middle of nowhere. The castle was huge, with many separate buildings and a large number of secret passages. So at some point my friends and I find out this guy keeps a baby in the castle and has some nefarious purposes for it. So we kidnap the baby and play hide and seek with the owner for a few hours (the only other inhabitant is the butler, who's not really on our side but won't stop us either). Then we end up in his library and find a strange tube with nanoparticles in it, which we also take. We eventually get out through the castle through another secret passages (the castle has dozens of these) and get lost in the snow (did I mention it was snowing? well, it wasn't until we actually got out...). We promptly get attacked by demons/undead, who we first assume are sent by the castle owner. We run away and decide to split up into 2 groups to make the chase more difficult. The other group takes the baby while mine decide to hide the nanoparticles in the snow, thinking we can thus keep them out of his hands. We get even more lost in the snowstorm and end up back at the castle, where we notice the demons/undead are attacking it - so the guy wasn't commanding them after all... After a confrontation with him we find out that the baby's presence in the castle is what keeps the demons at bay and that the nanoparticles can be used to fight them off. Oops. The rest of the group walks in and admit they lost the baby somewhere in the snowy expanse (which, as happens in dreams, doesn't have any trace of snow left by then). On the bright side they found the nanoparticles we had hidden and brought them back. End of dream.

Not the weirdest dream I've had, but it comes close. It doesn't help that the castle is a strange mixture of real places I've seen (one the bathrooms is an exact replicate of the one in my parents' flat, with an added secret passage) and ones my brain made up for the dream.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Kay, so here's another randomness pile to sink your teeth into. Me and Iku were having pretzels, and Uri was having lasagna, until the dream degenerated into some kind of CSI episode involving a kidnapping of some dude which appearantly was important in the military, government or some such. I somehow ended up as the lawyer in this case in court, representing Iku and Uri, and I somehow won the case. When we got out of the court, my dad made an appearance and gave me $80 bucks. I hooked up with a smoking hot chick which appearantly was a friend of either Iku or Uri, then my dad, me and the hot chick jumped in an old yellow Beetle and made out way to a Metalica tribute show. The show was freaking awesome, and ended up in quite the bigass mosh pit, and when it was all said and done, the hot friend told me she only wanted to bang the hell out of me. I set the bar which was hosting the tribute show on fire, grabbed the chick and carried her on my shoulder, then I jumped on a Bizzarian's (Golden Axe fans will remember those, you know, the ones in the first level with beaks and a long tail - oh yeah, they're striped, too, IIRC) back and rode all the way to what looked like The Edge in Phantasy Star IV (last dungeon, the one with the background that looks like a bad acid trip), where things were about to get hot and heavy until a red portal opened and Dfly fell out of it, which then looked at me, started running around in circles while yelling "I DRINK A GALLON OF NAPALM FOR BREAKFAST, OSTROGOTH!!!" and then vanished into a wall of blue cottoncandy while I was takin' care of buisness with the hot friend while drinking Diet Canada Dry -- the champagne of Ginger Ales.

Oh yeah, Uri hooked up with someone named Dino which looked like an Italian.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
    martaug and Iku-Turso like this.
  16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I seem to have stopped dreaming these days. I think it's because I go to sleep to late.

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You're missing out, Magister :shake:

18. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Disciple:toofar: . . . . . . . . . Stop eating the shrooms at bed-time! ! ! ! ! ! :nono:
    You're missing(most of) a great trip while sleeping.:tobattle:

19. Disciple of The Watch

No shroomz for me, thanks a lot. What you see written here is purely my overtly fertile imagination - the mind of an artist is very powerful.... yet sometimes bizzare, eccentric, or plain weirdass, as my weirdo dreams showcase.

Sleep is my favorite part of the day -- a trip in the weirdest recesses of my mind, sometimes a wild adventure, sometimes something completly odd. I make a point of keeping my MP3 player close so I can record my weirdo dreams, and I've started collecting all those dreams into WAV files and keeping an audio library of my adventures. I never was really into dream interpretation and stuff like that, but dreams are representation of what lurks in the subconscious, and I believe one can learn from their own dreams.

But that's just me.

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Very true. I have years worth of dreams recorded in journals. I used to be very much into personal dream interpretation. Dreams make a lot of sense when you decode them. Your subconscious just invents symbols for people/places/things/feelings in your life. You can even make your own dream dictionary but it is a completely personal thing and not like the dream analysis crap books that you find on the market. You also discover that there are more than one layer of meaning to the dreams. The first is obvious but as you go deeper you find a lot of other interesting things going on.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.