1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dreams

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Aug 8, 2006.

1. nunsbane

nunsbane

One of the strangest I've ever had centered on a 'head tree'. The tree was impossibly huge and perfect in shape and caused me considerable distress just viewing it from a vast distance. So, I moved toward it to find out why it made me so uneasy and when close enough I realized that the tree was full of human heads...like fruit. I was surprisingly at peace with this and began to look for anyone I recognized.

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I dreamed I woke up on the exact day I was going to have today yet EVERYTHING that could have possibly gone bad did. However today everything was the opposite, it all went VERY WELL. Yet I'm still very paranoid about my next meeting with a client, I hope this spree of good luck continues or will my dream come true... gah!

3. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    For some inexplicable reason I dreamt last night that my sister committed suicide.
    I still can't figure out why on earth I would be dreaming something like that, but suffice to say it was highly unpleasant. :(

4. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Finally I remember one to contribute :grin:

Last night I dreamt that I was walking through a snowy forest at night looking for a good Christmas tree. It was next to the most beautiful church, and I remembered that I got married in it. And it was in Edinburgh. Anyway, I can't remember finding the tree I was looking for but suddenly I was on a dark street waiting for someone to deliver the tree, except he kept going the wrong way and I was having to chase him but never caught him. All I remember after that is standing on the snowy hill looking down at Edinburgh which was lovely

Strange? :)

5. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

A week or so ago, I had a dream which stuck with me for a couple days. I was a child again, and I was playing with my younger sister. Even though I was a child, I apparently was into trading stocks as the adult LNT enjoys doing. So I was teaching her how to trade stocks. And I sold her all of my stocks which I had thought were at some sort of top. She then started crying, and said she didn't want the 'stupid stocks' and didn't want to play this 'stupid game' anymore.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I had a dream a few nights ago that was basically just one great big pirate melee - there was a plot but I can't remember what it was. And Captain Jack Sparrow was there - only undead and on the evil side...

7. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

I dreamt I had a dog and someone was trying to steal it from me. :( It was a nice doggie, a golden retriever, although I would have preferred an Alaskan Husky~~ ^^

8. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I had a dream last night that I was fooling around with my wife's younger sister (age in dream=early 20's). Thats bad but the really wierd part is she (my wife) is the youngest of 5 kids. :confused:

9. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I had a dream about a year ago that consisted of me and a few friends sniping people at school from up in a couple of trees.
    I have also had a dream recently where I was playing skirmish and was out of ammo with everyone on both teams just chasin me around the fields. After this happened for a little while, the skirmish fields became the inner city. Then I remember just looking for something. I dont know what or where, just that it was missing.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I inherited a humungous house and was going through the stuff left behind. In one of the dressers, I found a wad of :money: - lots of 100s and 20s. All my mom could say, in a very shouty loud voice, "Don't tell anyone about this large amount of money you found. People will steal you blind if they knew you had all these greenbacks in this unprotected dresser." Thanks, Mom. :rolleyes:

11. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Well, first of all, I have to give you guys a little background. Like most of you probably do, I get VERY into a new game, as in 10-20 hours gameplay straight if I can get away with it. Well, the 'into' phase generally lasts several weeks at least, depending on how much time I have and how good the game is, and I frequently have dreams about games in this period.

Here's where things start to get a little weird, the dreams compound, meaning that every new game I get is the center of its own set of dreams, but elements from other good games I have ever played somehow weave their way in.

The latest game is Warlords: Battlecry III. I was the hero, of course, but I don't remember what class or race I was. I was leading High Elves, but I wasn't one. Then Locke from FFVI ran up to me and said the Firyans were invading (Seven Kingdoms I think?), so I gathered my troops (High Elves) with Locke as a general and headed out to battle. The battlescape was one from a game called Realms of Magic, which was fun, but I haven't even thought about for about 6 years, maybe more. And they were lead by the Minotaur from King's Quest VI, if you've ever played that. Then suddenly Dynaheir from BG was there and we were trying to stop Kefka (FF VI again) from doing SOMETHING that collide all the planets in one of the Phantasy Star games together. And I wasn't me any more, I was something from Warhammer 20K, and I (real me) was now watching all this from an overhead view, like you use in Warlords Battlecry III.

I think there was something about a purple foot in there somewhere, too. Or maybe that was another one...

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've been dreaming pretty often about death those last days... some changes ahead?

13. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

I had a very wierd dream last night.

I was married to my wife but I had a mistress. The strange part was that my mistress was my wife but she had a different look. Shorter hair, sluty clothes and she was very wild. It was like my wife had a different personality that actually took on a physical form.

14. Disciple of The Watch

That's what your subconscious desires, dude.

Had ANOTHER dream about death. This is the FIFTH one in a week and a half.

15. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

@ DotW

Heck, my subconscious is not the only one who desires that. :grin:

Edit: spelling

16. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    DotW:
    I'll give you a nice little hint about interpreting dreams: there's little consistency in symbols between people. Just because someone told you that death represents chance doesn't mean that it will for you. For you, death represents what it represents for you, just like all the other symbols. There are some symbols that are fairly standard throughout a society, like money, beautiful women/handsome men, living in a gutter, etc. Death is one thing, however, that so many people treat so differently that I wouldn't trust some stranger's symbology for it. What does death mean to you? Are these dreams of your death (probably fear of something, but not neccessarily), death of friends and family (maybe change or loss or loneliness), or death of your enemies (... :evil: ) ? Think about what the events of your dreams mean to you, and you're far more likely to get an accurate interpretation than listening to someone else's symbology.

17. Disciple of The Watch

I always heard that Death signified the end of something, and the beginning of something else (basically, it represents change).

I've been trying the hardest to remember all five dreams about Death I had, and there is one consistency: in those dreams, I am always attending someone's funeral... disturbingly, it's always someone close to me.

18. NOG (No Other Gods)

Media:
    At a guess, I would say that means you fear loosing them, whether through death or distance or just loosing the friendship/straining the relationship. Of course, it could just mean you ate too much cheese before going to bed, or your symbology could be totally different and you see death as 'moving on' or something. In that case I'd guess you fear people are moving beyond you while you're standing still (metaphorically speaking). That's just an example of how you could convert "That person's death would mean X to me" into "These dreams mean X to me".

19. Disciple of The Watch

Okay, get ready for a REALLY. REALLy, REALLY weird one...

I was frequenting a school in the middle of some forest... I was in the hallway, then the watchman started to fingerpoke me behind the head while shouting "Get out! Get out!", so I get out. Outside, there's some guy sleeping, and a Mountie handing him a ticket. I sit by a river, and notice the same watchman coming probably to shout some more threats... Six or seven red X Parasites (Metroid Fusion fans will know what those are) start floating around the watchman, then morph into ravens and pluck his eyes out while I'm eating ice cream and banging my ex at the same time. Some guy on an island start playing Korn's "Blind" on a banjo while drinking celery juice. After being done banging my ex and realized I was cumming blood, I went for a dip in a corn chips fall, and after that had a philosophic discussion about the meaning of life with a scorpion.

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    some people say that dreams are your subconscious going over the things that are in the for front of your mind, and that you are both acting as yourself and observing yourself acting. As for symbols in dreams it is commonly believed that dreams of flying are about a desire for sex.
    As for a dream I'v had, it was one of those wierd falling ones where you wake up before you hit the ground.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.