1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragons of Heaven and Earth

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, May 16, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Vanara Village, inside the Singing Forest

Derhain looked at the three strangers, he thought that the two humans and the Vanara would be surprised where the trail took them; as well as Khiasan, if she came as well.

“I propose we leave in the morning, after a good rest, any questions you have I will answer on the way, those that I can anyway.”

After a rest and a nourishing breakfast the group left the village, the Elf leading the way, Henjien and Qishu walking warily behind him, whilst Khiasan had again taken Kahaki’s arm and was pointing out bits of forest lore to him as they moved
    deeper into the Forest.

2. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    "Thankyou, that would be desirable, I have been walking for quite some time and rest and meditation is required before I deal with this demon." answered Michiyo quietly.

"Then I shall take you to your room" Ichi rose from his seat beckoning for Michiyo to follow. They walked up the stairs and Ichi held the door to one of the rooms open for Michiyo as he passed.

"Is there anything you require?" inquired Ichi.

"Just some solitude until the morning" said Michiyo as he sat on the floor and began to prepare for his evening meditation.

"Ah yes...very well, I will see you tomorrow" Ichi backed out of the room closing the door quietly behind him. Michiyo closed his eyes, and relaxed his tensed muscles one by one, breathing deeply his mind began to wander beyond its physical boundaries, as is the way during meditation.

3. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Michiyo sought out the evil energies of the demon, he voyaged to the barn with his mind feeling the evil presence grow. As he approached trying to catch a glimpse of the deamons true form, he felt its attention turn towards him, evil energies sallied forth in a great wave throwing Michiyo out of his meditation and launching him backwards where he connected with the wall with a thud, knocking the wind from him. After a moment he pulled himself to his feet unsteadily, he cleared his things away and laid down on the bed trying not to think about his failure to identify the creature, eventually he drifted off into an uneasy sleep.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Cherry Blosson Village Inn, the following morning

Ichi approached the young monk after he had eaten his breakfast, bowing to him he said "If you are ready then I will show you to the barn." Ichi noticed the signs of disturbed sleep on the young man, but out of politeness did not comment.

As they left the Inn together Ichi's daughter brightly wished them good luck, which was then slowly repeated by the Innkeeper and the other staff. They moved to the north end of the village and could clearly see the barn, Ichi stopped "I will remain here, the spirits are very agitated near the barn and their feelings are very strong, causing me some distress. Before you go though I would pass on some of the spells the spirits granted me this day, they will hopefully help you."

Michiyo waited and felt an effect seemingly granting him favour and protection of the spirits, he moved towards the barn and as he approached the door a mental voice spoke to him
    <Oh look fresh meat, have you come so that I can play with you, little meat?>

Michiyo stepped through the door, a summoning circle had been drawn on the floor, but a warding symbol was missing and a Dretch prowled in the circle unable to break free, a rotting half-eaten corpse lay in the circle as well. The summoner had been trapped as well as the demon, and the demon had lunch on hand. The Dretch prepared to face the monk by summoning another of its fellows...

5. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    Vanara Village, inside the Singing Forest

Kahaki nodded in agreement after hearing Derhains plan. He decided to take a stroll through the village before he retired to the hut he had been offered to sleep in.

With so much on his mind Kahaki had a hard time finding any sleep that night and spent most of it contemplating his situation. But for some curious reason he thought more about Khiasan than the crucial quest at hand.

The next morning they set of and Kahaki again found himself talking to Kishan, Or rather listening fascinated at all the things she had to tell about the forest.

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

True to his word, Makoto spoke on Fujiko's behalf at his trial, though he was unsure as to whether his words had had an effect. Lord Hojo had sent Fujiko to the dungeons while he pondered his punishment.

In the meanwhile, Makoto and Kumiko were to remain, as it appeared Hojo wished to speak to them both.

7. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Michiyo ignored the taunts of the vile Dretch as he charged into the barn, one of the Dretch had begun an incantation not wishing to find out its purpose Michiyo lept forwards catching the Dretch in the side of the face, halting its incantation and knocking it to the ground. Michiyo tumbled, springing to his feet and turning to his other foe, who lashed forward with its claws. Michiyo ducked beneath the wild swing, stepping forward beneath the creatures guard, he had not counted on a back swing and he was knocked flying to the ground. Tumbling with practiced ease he again came to his feet, catching the Dretches wrist as it swiped for
    him he brought his fist flying into its chest, it fell backwards writhing on the floor and he brought his foot hard down on its neck hearing a relieving crack.

Suddenly he felt a great weight land on his back, he stumbled forward, then twisting he threw his assailent off, it rolled to its feet a few feet away. They circled warily, then the Dretch moved forward lunging, trying to bite Michiyo with its great jaws he side stepped and brought his fist down on the Dretch's skull, it collapsed and Michiyo broke its neck to make sure it wasn't still alive.

He stood for a moment watching the bodies of the Dretch begin to taint the Earth with their accelerated decay, then stumbled out of the barn, he ached with each move and new cuts had opened up on his side and back from the Dretch claws.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.