1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon's Eye Level 4

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by shydog, Feb 7, 2004.

1. shydog Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

how do you open the rest of the doors in lvl 4.they say they are locked.

[ February 07, 2004, 14:07: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Level 4 is the "temple"?

First things first. Rest and re-memorize spells. Heal your party.

There's a bit of a trick to that level, mate. Look around. Look at the long rug in the hall to the south, that's red and has yellow "fish" on it. Or, as an alternative, you can pick the lock on one of the doors and read the books contained in the library. Then, after one or another, talk to the guy out in front of the temple.

There's a dialogue option where you question him about the "sanctity" of his temple. Or rather, the driving religion behind it.

Word of caution: be prepared for a very intense and fairly long battle. Save before you talk to him.

3. shydog Gems: 1/31

thanks for the info.i tried it and holy cow there alot of monsters to fight!how do kill all of them.the trolls and big snakes i cant seem to kill them.

4. Turuial Elenear Gems: 1/31

If you need any help with fighting the "priests" in the 4th level part, is before fighting them, find the prisoners they have somewhere on the level and free them. They'll help you out tremendously. Trying to defeat them by oneself will be a very real miracle.

5. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] First thing, you know trolls need fire or acid to be killed off eventually.

Secondly, position your party in a small room with just one entrance (if you'e freeing the gang of adventurers, their room does it) - I used the library for that purpose. One thing to mention: Once you've eliminated the two clerics, there's not much enemy spellcasting to be expected.

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

If you're going to use the prisoners to help you, stay up with them. Together, you stand a better chance of your party making it through will as few consumables expended as possible; save your consumables for the next level. Also, they'll watch over you while you rest on that level, *if* any survive.

Heh.

The next level you will be making a couple of trips into. And if you have the prisoners to watch over you on this level, it saves you some backtracking. Unload all the stuff you're carrying (to sell) into one of the containers on level 4. You'll have *plenty* more to carry after level 5.

7. shydog Gems: 1/31

thanks for the help all.killed them all,but now some doors opened for me ,but 2 i cant open.cant get to lvl 5.

8. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Hold on I'm just one level behind you.
    I'll be playing a lot tonight and Sunday so the next time I check in here I should be of help.
    :coffee:

9. shydog Gems: 1/31

that lvl is done got the gem and wow what another battle when i got back to town and that arundel fled the scene cant find him ? now what?

10. jeremiah Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Go to the second floor of Arundel's home :)

11. shydog Gems: 1/31

been there not there.now looking for the ancient eleven called mythal where ever that is suppose to be by kudar pass but cant find it.

12. jeremiah Gems: 4/31

It is WAY DOWN on the world map screen. Use the scroll icon on the world map to go WAY DOWN.

13. Maertyn

[​IMG] Did you take the heartstone gem from the snake goddess?

14. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Hmmmmm. I think the trigger only works if you're carrying the heartstone, on the way into Arundel's. I don't know, but that's what I would guess. Anwyays, you have to exit to the world map, *drag* the map downward, and click on the big tower-looking thing that's in the lower right hand corner.

However, before you do that, sell what you have and get what you want. The creatures in the Hand aren't all that tough, but there's a massive amount of them. It's basically a Zerg rush, with there being nowhere to retreat to, in certain locations.

Search everywhere and *keep* anything that doesn't seem like a normal, everyday object. For the Love of Seldarine, keep anything weird that you find.

15. shydog Gems: 1/31

looked on world map scolled as far down as i can and there is nothing there?how do you get to the severend hand?

[ February 09, 2004, 06:45: Message edited by: shydog ]

16. jeremiah Gems: 4/31

Severed hand only shows up on the world map after talking to the genuine dying Arundel on the second floor.

17. Maertyn

[​IMG] Just dropped by at Arundel with my solo FMC, and this time I had to experience some kind of bug, too: When I went upstairs, there was no dead Arundel, but I waited for about 30 seconds and suddenly he appeard on the floor and gave me the Hand's location.

18. shydog Gems: 1/31

ok where the heck is this snake godess?

19. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

She's down on level 5 of Dragon's Eye, dude.

She gives you a HUGE evil rant. I mean, she has to be a politician in whatever dimension she's from.

You see her several times as you're walking through the level, but she disappears after delivering her one-liners. As long as you follow the main corridor, you'll know her apartment by all the traps and guards outside.

And all the traps and guards, inside. Whack her, grab the gem and loot, and head back to Kuldahar.

20. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

:lol:

She's of the Tanar'ri race. A Marilith.
    That Demon in the Dagger from BG1 TotSC was a Tanar'ri too wasn't he(it)?
    Where they some ancient race of demons that were around at the begining of the world that have been trying to take it over or something?
    I'm not up to speed on Feerune lore. :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.