1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Origins MOD LIST

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Caradhras, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    You just have to copy the folders in your override folder. Bioware/Dragon Age/packages/core/override.

Keeping the folder structure makes updating or deleting components much more convenient than just dumping everything in your override. Don't forget that you need to pick one version only of the modified merchants folder (one with vanilla price or one with a major discount).

Also bear in mind that some components are optional (difficulty or bodies stay) whereas the core components are compulsory (check the readme).

Last but not least you have to start a new game with the mod installed to take advantage of what the mod has to offer.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Sweet...thanks for the info Cara. It would have been so much easier to use DAModder (I love the drag-n-drop)...but having a single - standardized - mod installing method is asking too much. I mean, they can't even decide on a standard compression file type! I've got .zip, .rar, .7z, and .dazip in my mod folder. Luckily, WinRAR can handle the first 3...

So, I have to start a whole new game...even if I haven't finished my PC's origin?

3. Caradhras

Media:
    Non Dazip mods are often easier to use because all you have to do is extract the files in your override so you can take your pick (for instance take a naked bodies mod and remove male files if you don't want male nudity in your game).

Besides you don't have to use the DAupdater or the DAModder with non Dazip mods.

I hope by mod folder you don't mean the override folder? You have to extract the files of course.

I haven't played the Mage origin with Improved Atmosphere but it probably changes quite a few things, I know that it adds at least one item to the spider infested caves. The author of this mod specifically recommends starting a new game.

To be on the safe side you should definitely start over. It won't take you that much time to replay the Harrowing anyway. ;)

Other mods can be added later on just make sure you have a clean save and back up your override folder, if the mod doesn't suit you uninstal it with DAmodder or revert to your original override folder and just go back to your clean save.

Dragon Age Mutator is a different matter, keep the exe on your computer it allows you to instal and uninstal components. I'm particularly fond of some of its components like "Disable auto leveling for new companions" which makes for more interesting replays (you can change NPC builds to suit your tastes).

4. Kitrax

Media:
    Not the point...I spent over an hour tweaking my dude to get him just the way I want him to look.... :bad:

5. Caradhras

Media:
    You can start a new game and use the toolset to make your character look like your guy.

I haven't tried that trick yet so I can't give you a step by step guide on how to do this but there are a few threads that can help you.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/8/index/176308

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/8/index/216416

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/8/index/482939

Unfortunately there is no straightforward way to do this, at least none that I know of.

6. Kitrax

Media:
    Yeah...I opened the toolset and played around for a few minutes...and then decided it wasn't for me. I'll leave the hardcore coding stuff to the game design geeks. :p

I'll just take a screenshot and try to match it.

7. Caradhras

Media:
    I don't really know my way around the toolset (yet) as I've been too busy playing the game and I actually find it more fun than playing with the toolset.

I guess that if you're not using mods that add stuff to the character creation screens you're better off using the Dragon Age Character Creator if you want to use the same face for a different character.

Hopefully it won't take you too long to get the look you want for your character. Enjoy your modded game! ;)

8. Kitrax

Media:
    Alright...I have the mod that tells you what items get when you steal stuff. However, it shows up for *everything* that gets added to my inventory. :bang:

What file(s) do I need to delete from my override folder to get rid of that annoying s**t?

Looking back on that mod, it's a good concept, just *terribly* implemented. What the creator should have done is make a window pop up like when you open a chest or loot a corpse...that way you can choose if you want to keep the item. When you're deep in a dungeon, and you've only got 2 spots left in your pack, the last thing you want a worthless glamour charm. :rolleyes:

9. Caradhras

Media:
    Is this the mod from the Dragon Age Mutator? IMO it's very convenient as it shows everything and the lines go away very quickly or is it another mod? In any case if it is the one from Dragon Age Mutator it's easy, all you have to do is run the DA Mutator exe and uninstall the files (alternatively select the files you want installed).

If it's another mod I'm going to need the name of the mod first because it sure doesn't ring a bell. It's certainly not from Improved Atmosphere and I don't remember listing another mod that does that.

That's weird are you using an autoloot mod?

The mod from Dragon Age Mutator that lists new items doesn't prevent you from deciding whether or not to pick up stuff.

By the way if you don't know that already when you right click on an item in your inventory you can actually destroy it to free up some space in your pack.

10. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Nice work on this thread, Cara. Thanks. :)

11. Caradhras

Media:
    You're welcome, let me know if you have any mod related questions that I can answer. ;)

12. Kitrax

Media:
    Cara, I think it is DA Mutator...I just can't stand those red lines directly in my POV. What I was trying to say is that instead of the red text, they should have made a pop-up window as if you had opened a chest.

13. Caradhras

Media:
    Red lines means that it's the Dragon Age Mutator and more precisely the "Display rewarded and stolen items" component. I like it at lot and the lines don't stay that long to bother me but I understand that you may find it annoying. Anyway, if you want to get rid of it just run the Dragon Age Mutator exe (the installer) and you will be able to remove the mod (you may have to rerun the DA Mutator to reinstall other components you may want to keep).

14. Caradhras

Media:
    List updated. Check out Leliana's items set. It's a must have for all Leliana's fans out there. ;)

15. Caradhras

Media:
    List updated. Added link to Skip the Fade mod which allows you to skip that part of the game and still receive the bonuses (a bit like Dungeon be gone for BG2). You won't receive any XP though. It's a really nice mod in the sense that going through the Fade can be a pain after a certain number of playthroughs and this will be a must have mod for players who didn't like that part of the game. Now you'll have the opportunity to skip it if you choose to do so.

16. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Woot Dungeon-be-gone for DA:O.
    Who would've thought. :lol:

Seriously though, it does get bothersome after the third or fourth run.

17. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This is cool. Not only can I respec leliana to make her the ultimate dual weapon fighter, but I can get her some awesome new leathers. Not sure when I'll try another runthrough, but this mod will definitely be included when I do.

18. Caradhras

Media:
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  19. Caradhras

Media:
    I haven't updated the list yet but I wanted to let you know about a mod that looks very interesting: Awakening in the OC.

It allows you to pick up Awakening talents in the OC (provided your level and your stats are high enough). Since the OC will get you to level 22 (and probably even 23 with DLCs and if you do every quest) it is not as useless as it may sound.

I will include it in the list once I have a chance to test it in game. It's only been released today so there is certainly some more testing to be done but from the first comments that have been posted it seems to be working just fine.

20. Caradhras

Media:
    Added a link for Custom Waraxes And Retextured Massive Armor Set, the perfect item set for a Death Dealer look. Awesome.

EDIT: added another link for Manolaxs Staff Collection For Mages which adds three staves for your demanding tastes. It's from the same author that made the item mod listed above and a few other mods you may want to check as well. Great stuff... I mean staff, er, staves. ;)

As a side note, please be informed that both Improved Atmosphere and Skip the Fade have been updated. To upgrade Improved Atmosphere (which is now fully compatible with Awakening) make sure you uninstall the previous version before installing the new version of the mod. For Skip the Fade just use DAmodder, the new version of Skip the Fade will take you directly from the Duncan fight to your followers' nightmares before confronting your party with the Sloth demon. You'll get the XP and the Fade bonuses and codex entries as well.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.