1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Keep

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' started by damedog, Apr 1, 2015.

1. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

I beat Inquisition for the first time a while ago, and it was excellent. I will certainly play it again, once my backlog of games is less full. I want to do it with my real world state, but I do not understand for the life of me how it works.

I have an origin account, but didn't buy Dragon Age through them. I have Origins on PC, 2 and 3 on the 360. Is there still a way to do it, or did they cheat their console gamers?

2. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's fine. Dragon Age keep allows to custom build your very own world states from DA:O, DA:2 and DA:I, but you have to do it from the PC. DA:O/DA:2 are not required, the keep provides you with default heroes you can just edit using the Tapestry.
    Once you login you just have to set up your choices, load that world in as your default world state (make you sure you do this part, especially) and then make sure your DA:I game is linked to the right origin account (if not, try merging your different accounts).
    Loading character world states should be easier.

DAK may seem a bit overwhelming, but here's a rundown of the important stuff:

• You can access general menus using the bullet point icon from the top left side of the screen, left of the general menu title (eg. Tapestry, World States)
    • The World States general menu allows you to load the world state you want as your default world state. The next DA:I games you play will then be able to use this world state as the basis for your DA:I world. You can also name/provide descriptions for your various world states from here. This should be your starting point - select (or create) a world state and then go to the "Heroes" general menu.
    • The "Heroes" general menu allows you to pick the DA:O and DA:2 heroes you want for the world state you're trying to create. If the hero you're looking for is not there, then it might have been stored in a different origin account. To merge accounts you will have to visit EA's Origin site (or you can just recreate your hero using the Tapestry). Once done, the hero you selected will show up as your active Warden/Hawke/Inquisitor (you can leave the Inquisitor hero field blank, it doesn't affect anything).
      Just make sure that the Keep does have a record of your DA:I heroes. If not, your DA:I heroes are being stored in another account and you will have to merge that account with this one.
    • The "Tapestry" general menu allows you to customize every choice your active DA:O/DA:2 heroes make that affects events in DA:I. Make sure to visit this for each of your active heroes, especially if you missed any DLCs. You can also pretty much create characters from scratch (race, gender, background etc. along with choices) using the Tapestry.
    • Once done go back to the "World States" general menu, click the world state you want and then load it (it will then show up as "loaded in keep").
      Last step - click the PC icon with the letters "DAI" at the top right. From there, confirm "Used on start of next DA:I game".

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  3. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

Thanks. I found out I could use my world states from previous games on the 360, but I have to connect to origin through xbox live.

Looks like i'll be spending yet more money. Oh well, well worth it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.