1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Inquisition

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' started by Munchkin Blender, May 2, 2014.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, after a few attempt, not a single minute of play, It keeps crashing. The forum is bulging with complaints.

This is a beta release of an unfinished product. Avoid it

Very PC unfriendly. Bioware did it again.

---------- Added 13 hours, 17 minutes and 55 seconds later... ----------

Well, with all possible form of Anti aliasing turned off, and I got past the cut-scene. Bioware adores cut-scenes by the way.

Second cut-scene working, with artifacts and flickering, the third crashed again. Bioware adores long huge cut-scenes.

With a few ingame crashes, I can say this is the third most buggy game I have played in over 25 years of pc gaming. Mistmare on number one, vampire the masq. bloodlines on.... Wait, make this the second most buggy game. Bloodlines is third.

Translated, my crossfired 6850's graphic cards report that they cannot understand the stuff the game sends them. So when they are so confused that they do not know what to do anymore, they stop causing the crash.

It happens with the consoles, with the nvidia card, just all around.

In the old days, pre EA, Bioware released a game when it was done. This game is not done, but had to be released before black Friday.

Struggle if you must, this game is worth the purchase, but wait is you are not in a hurry.

PS: a hour into the game, and boy, does Bioware love scripted events and long cut-scenes.

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 45 seconds later... ----------

and again during start-up

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, lessons learned - do a search on [insert game name] + bugs - before you buy.

Also, don't buy into the hype. It seems like a simple bit of logic, but sadly, humans are not rational beings.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Merlanni - on the buggy scale, did you ever play Pool of Radiance:ROMD? Is this buggier than that? I shudder to conceive of such a thing.

damedog likes this.
  4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Or Fable: The Lost Chapters. It started the first time, but any time after that it would crash on start-up. The work-around someone found on the official boards was to remove the profile, then it would start up again. So you could only play it in one sitting. I played it for all of 2 minutes before it crashed again.

5. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Don't forget Bethesda and their bugs with Fallout 3 and New Vegas along with Skyrim and Oblivion.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm sorry, but I think they can't hold a candle to POR:ROMD. If you recall, before one of the patches, trying to remove the game by uninstalling it (instead of manually deleting it) would format your hard drive. Now, let me tell you, that's one heck of a BUG right there.

olimikrig likes this.
  7. henkie

Media:
    It's just being helpful. You need to give your computer a good cleansing after playing the game.

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I cannot get past cutscenes without regular crashes. played half an hour with four crashes

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 24 seconds later... ----------

It is a problem with the game. When I crash, I get a nice report from my GPU(both of them the dears). the reports state between the error codes and gibberish that they get faulty commands from the game. a second line blames the game and mentions it is fixable.

With other words, just wait for the patch and a driver update/hotfix.(it already had one of those)

9. henkie

Media:
    Thank you for beta testing our product. Have a bug.

damedog likes this.
  10. Merlanni

Media:
    The hardcopy is 4 DVD's big

11. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Merlanni have you tried playing with sli/crossfire disabled?

12. Merlanni

Media:
    The game runs fine, until I hit a cut-scene or conversation.

This is the reoprt error after crash:

DXG I error device hung

"The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by application. This is a design issue that should be investigated and fixed HD 6800 driver 14:11.2

14.301.1013.14117.177876e

13. henkie

Media:
    4 DVD's worth of debugging to do. You, sir, have your work cut out for you.

14. Merlanni

Media:
    And that is why it takes so long to patch. The suits ordered its release before black friday.

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

It was crashing for me until I turned all my graphics settings to lowest. Still looks pretty nice

16. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Anyone else detesting the 'Origin' client?

17. henkie

Media:
    I thought that went without saying.

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Seems like I am doing the right thing with focusing on WoW and waiting with DAI. If I don't get abroad over the holidays I might check it out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.