1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Inquisition

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' started by Munchkin Blender, May 2, 2014.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I have been watching this game for a while, hoping Bioware does not mess it up; this is a very promising game. They pushed back the original release date by almost a year. The graphics look amazing and the customization looks great. The fact you can play as more than just a pre-set character is even more appealing. The recent release along with the pre-order really show more about the game. I already pre-order the deluxe edition. No need in me waiting around for it....

Since the game won't come out until October, I will be busy playing DCUO....

2. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm interested about whether people ordered the PC or console versions. I thinking of pre-ordering a PC version.

Still playing NWO here, along with FFX/X2 remastered.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I pre-ordered mine for the PS4; I heard that the PS4 higher end graphic card is the only console that will have the same graphics as a PC. That said, I prefer to play most of my games with a controller, so it was easy for me...

I bought the PS4 just for DA....that should tell you something....

I pre-order the deluxe edition. I'm hoping place like GameStop, Amazon, etc...get a special DLC only at those vendors...I like how they did that with DAO....

I'm excited about the game...can't wait to play it...

4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Can't you just get a controller for your PC then?

5. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Yeah I could but my PC is not a desktop; it has been a laptop for quite a while. It only has a 17" screen vs. the 55" I have for the PS4. What I also like, is that I now own 2 PS4s. My wife started to play DCUO and eventually broke down and bought her own console.

The more I see of DA: Inquisition the more it impresses me. My concern though is that DA:II did the same up until release; than it failed.

I just wish I could get in on the demo for the game.

6. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

I'm pretty excited, and I pre-ordered it, but I probably won't get to play it until the summer because I suspect neither of my computers will be able to run it. I'm building a computer next summer, though, *crossing fingers* provided I don't have to use up my savings on an actual emergency.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I ranted here a few times about Bioware's shift from PC to console. No I am not over it yet, and still refuse to play Mass Effect 3 or any other games made by Bio-console.

Yes I hate consoles, I am a PC purist. And yes , Dragon age 1 was ok, it was a good game, but for my taste just a bit to low on RPG. And I do not mean the romances, gift and banter. Remeber the buying and selling en the old classics? Or the ability to choose during levelling up, and not end the game with all possible feats, perks or wahtever. And only 3 or 4 you use?

Still, the hype around this game is building, so I peak over the fence to see what is real. No automatic pre order yet, until my sources give me the go ahead. (gameplay magazine)

Did I mention that I hate games dumbed down for consoles?

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

It is desinged for PC due the game being tactical. Definitely more PC base game this time around. Reminds me a lot of BG series as you never place a mage in the front lines.

9. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Harder to resist. I read a lot of reviews. Big, huge, nice, messiah of RPG.

Then I realize that it is tested on consoles. (I hate the things beyond reason) Then I read a few lines here and there about dumb combat and a terrible camera.

That in combination with the gigantic ad on the site makes me wonder.

10. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wait a few months, the initial wave of reviews is generally of the rave review variety. The more sober look at the game usually comes a bit later.

11. Merlanni

Media:
    I know. The first ones, giving it 8 out of 10 are out.

---------- Added 20 hours, 55 minutes and 35 seconds later... ----------

I caved in. Its 4 dvd's big.

Now, crossing my fingers it is playable for a pc user.

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 30 seconds later... ----------

Forgot I had a game on Origin

12. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm enjoying the game so far. It is a - different - feeling from either of it's predecessors.

My biggest beef with the game so far is that I cannot run it in SLI. When I do any fog turns bright white, making it damn near impossible to see anything proper in foggy areas :nolike:. This in turn means that I have to tone some of the eye candy down in order to get acceptable frame rates :mad:.

13. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

LOL...or maybe in SLI the fog is working as expected, you know you can't see for crap in true fog...LOL..

How you liking the game otherwise?

14. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I should hope not. It looks terrible :p.

I think it's a great game. Everything DAII should have been. Oh and I can play a Qunari Mage, so points for that ;).

15. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Total Biscuit gives the port a fair shake down for PC

He does have a few gripes like the Tactical view for instance.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  16. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Mage with an axe. What more can I say?

17. olimikrig

Media:
    The "Tactical Camera" is quite terrible. Does not zoom out nearly far enough to give me a proper overview of the battlefield.. :grr:

18. henkie

Media:
    Is the tactical camera worse than in DA:O? Because that was already a pretty poor implementation of an overview camera point. Not zooming out far enough, not moving away from the selected character far enough either.

19. olimikrig

Media:
    It is much worse. Especially indoors where it cannot go farther out than the ceiling.
    There have been a few times where staying in 3rd person actually gave me a better overview of the battlefield.

20. henkie

Media:
    That's pretty terrible. I guess they didn't expect users to use it, or they should've found it in testing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.