1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

doh, lost my dog figurine, here is how.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Woo-Fu, Oct 6, 2000.

1. Woo-Fu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Don't leave the astral sphere before your dog figurine or spider figurine ( if you have them ) return to your hand.

That moon dog was so damn cool and now he is gone forever, sniffle.

I almost lost alia by leaving her in the illusionist's tent/castle as well.

2. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Dog figurine???
    Where is that one found?

3. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] bump

4. Rasalgethi Gems: 5/31

Seems that the moon dog is lost forever... ;) ... anyone know something about him ??

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have the spider, but I don't have the Moon Doggie...Did I miss it? Or can you only get one or the other?

6. desperado Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

I had the same problem with the Black Spider Figurine. I think that the only way to have it back is using ShadowKeeper or to use cheat. I never use cheat before I got this problem. I'm only using cheat to fix some "bug" in Bg2. Also, my druid was losing permenantly all her shapeshifting abilities even if she rest. It was fix with the patch but before that I had to use ShadowKeeper again.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Moon Dog figurine is the final reward for the Ranger stronghold quests...

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oh joy oh bliss. The first "bump" poster ;) Hehe.

For this instance, I don't see any reason why using SK would be a problem because this is an obvious over sight on the Q&A testers before BG2 was released.

I'd be pissed as well, but I'd also be loading up SK right after to fix it.

Syl...

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Well...Since the dog is part of the Ranger Stronghold, I guess I won't get it...The paladin stronghold quest gets you armor and a shield. Not too shabby, but the dog sounded cool.

By the way...What's bump mean?

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited December 20, 2000).]

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It means I'm posting only to bump the thread back to the top...

11. Immoral Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Here's one I thought everybody would get a kick out of.

During the battle against The Blind Priests in The Unseeing Eye quest I had Nalia turn into an Ogre to help out on the front line.

Then I rested right after winning the fight but I forgot to have Nalia change back to human form.

She stayed as an Ogre permanently and did not have the special ability to turn back anymore. (wish I'd made her a Flind, at least then she'd have had -5 AC) hehe :)

I of course reloaded my last save but it was funny as heck.

Immoral

12. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

That's really interesting. Could you have played Nalia as an Ogre PC? I imagine she'd lose all of her class abilities, but if she got stuck in the right form (I forget what else is available with Polymorph Self), it could have been an interesting way to add a "new" and unique Fighter-type PC - a monster.

13. Rasalgethi Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Hey all, who fears a contagion of bumpers now :), maybe we will have a LOT of post bumps, :D.

Well, it would be fun to play a polymorphed Mind Flayer or a Golem, the level 9 spell Polymorph allows you to use that forms, as the limited wish spell too... funny thoughts :).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.