1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Does the Disarm feat bring you much loot?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by NguyenGiaThai, Sep 28, 2011.

1. NguyenGiaThai Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[Original Campaign only] [second hardest difficulty)

IN OC do Disarm feat bring you much loot (disarmed weapons)? Because I get so few loots that my purse is pretty much hurting: around the time of Eyegouger/Old Owl Well I have only 10k after so-so shopping. Money came mostly from selling the occasional piece of loot and rewards.

My craftsman is pretty much sitting tight because if I go buy all the needed materials I will go flat broke in no time.

And from what I can glean it seem people were swimming in cash.... how come?

If Disarm work I will give it a chance.

Disclaimer: we are talking about Disarm the feat, not disarm the action that we use to recover traps. Just to be clear.

2. DominionSeraph Gems: 3/31

Never tried disarm, so I can't say if it gives anything other than would normally drop. I'm guessing any magical weapons would drop with the mob so disarm wouldn't give anything extra but vanilla weapons if it did give something.

What do you mean, "Selling the occasional piece of loot." Aren't you picking up every piece of loot to later sell it?

Here's some basic money tips:

Sand (the merchant) gives the best sell prices. By FAR. ALWAYS clean out his entire gold stash. So don't sell pre-Neverwinter. Save every item for Sand. Especially since the merchants pre-Neverwinter are the worst in the game. (It's ok to sell enough to pick up Full Plate for Khelgar from the innkeeper. The difference will only be like ~200 gold and that armor will last him for a LONG time. That armor is pretty much the best purchase you'll make for your party in the entire game.)

I believe the Shadow Thief merchant in your keep gives the best deals after Sand. After emptying Sand of money save as much loot as you can until you get access to him.

Each merchant has a cap per item -- $5k, 10k, 15k, or 20k. If you have an item to sell and it's showing the cap, always save it for a merchant with a higher cap to sell it. (That item you sell to an Act 1 merchant for 10k might really be worth 20k! Regardless of anything it's worth more than 10k.)
    Also, there are only two merchants who will buy for 20k (keep courtyard). Don't waste their gold stash by selling junk to them -- only sell items that are worth over 15k. (If you suck up all their gold selling junk then you find yourself wanting to sell 20k gold items -- whoops, you can't! You'd have to go to a 15k merchant, losing 5k on what the item's worth.)

3. NguyenGiaThai Gems: 3/31

Ah well. The loots were not much until we can get to Old Owl Well and its environ. I totally forgot about Sands. The loot around there (since finding emisarry to cleaning clanhold) get 20k from Samyr in Old Owl Well. Fortunately I have saves, prolly will reload to sell to Sand.

'Not much' as in fighting a group of 10 orcs net you maybe one or twice piece of normal weapons. Unless it's scripted loots. If Disarm so much as make every target drop its weapons it will add up immensely. But that's why I think Disarm was nerfed in game or we would have to do shopping after every dungeon.

4. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

So you get more loot from disarming peoples weapons, rather than just picking up the weapons after you kill enemy?

5. NguyenGiaThai Gems: 3/31

I thought disarmed make each disarmed enemy drop their weapon on the ground (or our inventory) therefore if you disarm ten orcs you have 10 weapons. But apparently that doesnt seem to be the case. Or at least that's what I gathered on various forums.

It seem NWN2 make disarmed enemy just lost their weapons and fight with their fist.

It's not very clear to me which is why I make these threads.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.