1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you watch what you eat?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Giles Barskins Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm careful about what I eat because my metabolism has slowed down as I've gotten older and I'm not as active as I used to be/would like to be. I still splurge from time to time, though.

After getting pneumonia two months ago and losing over 15 lbs., I am close to my ideal weight. I'll have to be vigilant if I want to keep it off-- especially at this time of year.

My wife wanted to go to a buffet Saturday night for dinner. We pulled up and I saw three morbidly obese people shamble/waddle out of the restaurant. It was a bad omen...

2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I keep an eye on it, yes, but I'm certainly no fundamentalist. My method is simply not buying anything unhealthy myself, that way when I'm out I can go wild. :p I also stuff while at home during the weekend. Although the stuff mother offers certainly isn't fat-free, it's always prepared with prime ingredients.

I confess that I'm a pot-noodle aficionado.

I'm notoriously grumpy when my blood sugar is low, so I can't just skip meals.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Of course. I've got to make sure it's really dead before I move in to eat it. :evil:

4. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

I generally try to watch what I eat. I avoid fast food mostly nowadays, can't stand the taste of McDonald's or KFC anymore. It just tastes.. funny to me. I don't even eat my favourite Filet-o-Fish that often anymore, and I don't supersize my meals at McDonald's.

When cooking for myself, I try to put in less oil, sugar, salt, and so on.. but I usually fail on the salt, seems that I need to add a bit of salt to anything I cook. I try to include vegetables and fruits into meals as well.

When doing the groceries, I generally avoid snack foods as well: no chips, chocolates, biscuits.. if I'm feeling peckish at night I'd rather have a bowl of cereal, and even then it's whole grain cereal with nuts and dried fruit. Although I do have some chips sometimes..

I can't seem to lose that bit of weight I want to though, and I'm certain my body fat content is a little high, probably because I do eat quite a bit and I'm just not burning enough calories.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm really careful about what I eat. All the males in my family have really high cholesterol so I'm pretty careful about checking the saturated fat content of food. My cholesterol was getting really high, but since I cut out the giant cookies from the snack box at work (which have a whopping 14g of saturated fat each), my cholesterol has come back down to normal levels.

I try my best to eat the recommended servings of fruit and vegetables each day but often don't quite make it.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I got thrown off by the whole fat slugs reference in that last exchange between Ragusa and Barmy :doh:

7. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I really do think I should be more concerned about what I drink than what I eat. I try to eat balanced diets with plenty of vegies and fruits and when I'm not awfully busy or stressed it usually works out pretty well too, I find myself feeling much better on days I've had a balanced meal. I drink waaaay too much soft drinks these days, mainly because it's so damn cheap these days. Bottled water costs more than a 1,5 liter bottle of pepsi(if you buy them in fourpacks)!

In any case I try to unlimit unhealthy food like fastfood to once a week basis and even then only if I have a horrible hangover or am just too busy.

8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I keep a reasonably keen eye on what I eat - fish and poultry at least two or three times a week, very rarely junk food, etc. I did weigh some ten kilograms too much at one point, managed to shred them and don't really want them back that fast. However I do have a certain weakness for chocolate...

I have to keep an eye on my cholesterol and triglyceride levels, plus most of my fathers family has/had Type 2 Diabetes, and high blood pressure is common in my mothers family.

Brown sauce to fish? I recommend parsley sauce. :yum: For roasted herring you can also make onion sauce. :yum:

9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    You live in Finland and buy bottled water? And not even buying Hartwall's drinks? :nono:

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    It is certainly a distracting tangent, isn't it?

This really is a shame. I don't believe that modern society would have such weight issues if healthy options were noticably cheaper than unhealthy ones. The problem would still be there, of course, but possibly in a reduced form.

On the other hand, that is rather unlikely to happen.

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Hartwall's drinks are quite a lot more expensive, and don't come in fourpacks. Also I don't buy bottled water I just compared the prices since I had trouble believing that pepsi is the cheapest drink around.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.