1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do You Want Revenge On Your Ex(es)?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Gaear, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I read an article today discussing how to "forgive in three steps" or something like that - exes, coworkers, or anyone else who's wronged you. The exes (husbands/wives/boyfriends/girlfriends) seemed most significant and broadly applicable to me, as I imagine most everybody has an ex or two.

After I read it, I realized I've never wanted "revenge" on an ex, even those who may have egregiously wronged me. I don't think that's because I'm wonderful; it's just that I've never really wanted anything bad to happen to them regardless. I guess I just don't see them as bitter enemies, and even if I did, I'm still not sure I'd want to 'get them.' In fact I generally hope for the best for them.

What about you? I suspect that some of you (LKD ;)) will have good reasons for despising your exes, but did you ever want revenge, and have you ever set out to get it? I'm not asking anybody to recount instances of criminal behavior here, just the way you feel or felt about it. There's probably nothing so volatile as personal betrayals, which is what relationship disintegration usually amounts to (whether that be in the form of cheating, emotional withdrawal, abandonment, or the good old-fashioned blow off, or anything else).

Feel free to discuss/elaborate/deviate any way you'd like.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm not really a 'revenge' kind of person. I've got a couple of ex's I really dislike (especially my last one), but I couldn't be bothered with revenge and stuff. It seems too much like hard work and too much hassle to me.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I don't really think about my exes at all. I'm kind of like Barmy in that it just seems like a lot of work. Now keep in mind that all of my exes were in my pre-married days. I imagine that going through a divorce, where there are actual legal ramifications for you, it would be a lot different.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No desire for revenge here. Of course, I'm not exactly sure how you'd get revenge on a blow-up doll anyway...

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Blowdarts, of course. DUH!!

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wouldn't work - it already was leaking because of too much use.

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Not really. There are far more important things to do in life.
    Like laundry. And taking out the recycling.

Priorities, please. :)

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm still really good friends with two of my exes :lol:

I've never needed to consider revenge, most recent ex managed to screw things up enough on his own. :shake:

9. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Lets see....Was with her for 2 years. She got pregnant. I bought an engagement ring. Her friends told me she had been banging one of my friends. She went home to her parents. Closed all contact with me completely. The phone constantly being hung up when I called etc. My mom got a call 1 week after the birth (was my kid by the way), and she called me and told me I became a dad 1 week ago.

Yeah kind of bitter...some sort of revenge would be nice.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    What a *****. Had she been banging one of your mates, or did she clear off because you didn't believe her when she denied it?

I tell you what, women.... the percentage that are actually trustworthy must be in single figures.

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Fortunately, you only need to find one of them.

12. Gaear

Media:
    And when you find that one, she'll betray you too. ;)

Seriously, men are just as untrusthworthy as women. People are generally untrustworthy. It just seems worse in relationships because you're trusting them with more. You're buddy/friend/mate can't break your heart.

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Unitl he nails your old lady....

14. Gaear

Media:
    lol, but you won't cry yourself to sleep pining over your buddy. (He'll just play the recurring nightmare role of the guy doing unspeakable things to your beloved.) ;)

It's funny btw how there is that branch of guy-dom out there that says that the guy who cheated with your wife was just doing what he had to do, while your wife bears all the responsibility.

15. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Many have differeing opinions on that one....If my old lady is boning my bud, she gets dumped, he gets tackled, shirt pulled up pover his head and punched repeatedly. End of story....If she is boning a stranger, well.... he owes me nothing to begin with, so he is told leave only. But I would only tell him once, then he gets his ass-kicked as well, for being an a-hole about the whole thing.... or at least , in theory, that is how it will go.:D

16. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Nah, brethren before wenches! XD
    Girlfriends come and go, mates are for life!

17. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ohh he had been boning her. He admitted it later. She neither denied or confirmed anything. Just cut me off completely. I suspect all she wanted was to get pregnant. No matter how she did it.

18. Gaear

Media:
    What if he's putting it to your wife on your bed in your house in the afternoon while you're at work and your wedding photo is smiling at them from the dresser and aftewards he has a sandwich from out of your refrigerator and uses your shower? Extra punches? ;)

But more importantly, what if your wife wanted it that way? Is he absolved? In my experience, women win out easily when it comes to cases of pure depravity.

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    I got the elbow by my current beau tonight. Genuinely. It doesn't bother me much though as I lost hope in relationships a long time ago. I don't know if that's sad, or realistic. Emotions just aren't good. Be stone.

20. Blades of Vanatar

Your funny Gaear... but I'll bite.

I hunt his ass down and bit him to a pulp. If he is my buddy of course. Otherwise, same as above for a stranger. What I have between me a friend needs to stay between me and a friend. What she wants is besides the point. It's the agreement of the friendship that was broken. The uncrossable line that was crossed between two guys that counts most. The secoond she crosses teh line and explores that territory, she is done with. The second the friend does the same, IT"S ON!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.