1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you trust your goverment blindly?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Mithrantir, Apr 17, 2003.

1. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Food for thought, but who trusts press releases anymore?

"In age we are varied"
    "In cynycism we're about 1000"
    -me

And it is as it should be. There's nothing much we can do about our government now anyway short of running for election and actually keeping our promises once we get in power. Mind you if one of you guys does run you've got my vote. Maybe we could run a can of tuna for election, maybe it could actually get elected, a jackal kept power for 15 years this way.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

So many Australians here.
    Well anyway back to the subject
    @ rastilin
    There is something we can do in "democratic" countries like Australia, we can vote for someone who will keep their promises.
    I would love to run for the elections but I'm not old enough yet :( . And I disagree with all the main parties in New Zealand any way so that is a problem.

[ May 28, 2003, 11:21: Message edited by: RotKU ]

3. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

So you could pretend to agree until you get into power then stab them all in the back.

I was wondering though, this might be off topic but if no one trusts their government then how come people can trust god, I would place more trust in someone I could penalize if they failed me than someone whose entire existence I have to take on faith.

4. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If there was no god, human beings would be so fragile and vulnerable, it would be a rather sad state of things.

Lol, and if your unhappy with your goverment, try democracy instead, then you can be unhappy with your neighbour. ;) :D

And we would be pleased to see some democracies emerge in my neighbouring countries, which are still monarchies. An old habit, which is hard to get rid off.

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Finally (after 3/4 months) the Dutch have a government, still doesn't mean I trust them though :p

6. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

This is a rather hillarious incident from our politicians.
    There elections and the party that was in the goverment is re-elected. The new prime minister (who was also the old one) comes to the parliament to take the vow with the new goverment (which was more or less the same with the former one). He takes the vow and then he goes to the podium to make a speech. At one point he starts to talk about HIS former goverment and he says:
    The former goverment left behind a total chaos in the state departments :confused: :D :spin:
    Now that is a statement and i still think that they believe we are idiots

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.