1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you talk to yourself?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

People are ashamed and embarrased when they are caught talking to themselves because many people will think they are crazy frieks.

Icingdeath were you joking about the whole "sign of genious" thing?

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I often talk to myself. Whenever i see one of 2 mirrors (either the one in my room, or the one in the bathroom) i almost always talk to myself. It started when i was doing my teeth and i would talk into the mirror about whatever was on my mind. I reason like this, since it is impossible to ever see yourself (mirrors and photos may all lie, no real way of seeing your face) then when talking into the mirror you can talk back because the person in the mirror is not you. Kinda hard to explain i know, lol.

I also talk to myself in maths lessons, when doing calculations, it helps me work faster by keeping the numbers 'around' me (this is on non-calculator questions) and keeps me focussed. Hmm i sit on my own in maths, perhaps this could be a reason.

It is also possible for me to have arguments with myself, and lose. Finally i often work through speech sections of something i'm trying to write by playing all the roles talking into a mirror, though i'm not actually talking to myself.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can hold a fluent conversation with myself for up to several hours, I always answer to my self and questions and everything, I confused one person once because they joined into my conversation and wondered why I kept saying things so often.

I don't often realise I'm talking to myself and often only notice when people say something to me.

some people have even noticed that when I'm talking to myself each part of me in the conversation seems to have a defined way of talking, accents, stutters, how they say things, what they say.

It's weird I often think I'm talking to someone else.

... I've said too much worrying stuff here...

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

At least we can all sigh a breath of relief knowing that now ... we are NOT alone ;)

5. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The only time i talk to myself is after I've taken various kinds of drugs... I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me...

6. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@Kovalis: I was serious. I heard it from one of my friends moms. And se said she read it in a magazine.

7. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

and we have a Marilyn Manson fan among us... TADA "Exiled_Tainted_Love" have you heard the new album yet? it rocks!

8. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] ATTENTION PLEASE: All of you unfortunate souls who do not talk to yourself, do you think that perhaps you would if you found yourself alone by yourself more often? I don't talk to myself around other people(unless I am trying to be funny).

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.

I bet almost nobody here knows where that's from :)

10. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

Icingdeath tells me it is a sign of mental genious...

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] intelligence and insanity are closely related.

12. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Kiranos... the new album looks great, mOBSCENE is so far my favorite then again that's the only one i've heard.

[ April 28, 2003, 01:55: Message edited by: Exiled_Tainted_Love ]

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My father always tells me that LAUGHING to yourself is the sign of imopending fooishness. Talking? Who cares :D

People in SP are geniuses anyway :D

(Smith! Elrond! Stop that right now!)

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    From Blackthorne The Abominable? ;)

15. Eze Gems: 24/31

Well, when I was in summer camp some millenia ago, some girls thought me crazy for talking to myself. Funny people.

16. Iago Gems: 24/31

From the same source as this, BTA ?

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] wait a minute...

Laughing to yourself is a sign of madness??

I'm doomed :sosad:

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What about laughing *at* myself?

19. Eze Gems: 24/31

I laugh AT myself too. Yep, you should see it. I have about 222 different voices in my head. The worst is the one, who fancies Orlando Bloom.

Ouch.

God. Help.

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    There's nothing wrong with fancying Orlando Bloom! He is a good-looking male and you atre a hormonal female! accept it and move on! :p

You should see me when I spazz out and start laughing at odd things. I am scary :D

(*trots off with the goons*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.