1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you play an instrument? Would like to?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Jarel, May 20, 2003.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Thats a point, once me band website goes up and running, I'll send a link. Hopefully, there'll be some mp3s as well for your own personal enjoyment ;)

2. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm playing drums since... well I guess 5 or 6 years and I'm sorta good at it.

3. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Intentioner: hey, jamming is an essential part of playing (we do it regularly during reharsals, and live as well), but I think is only a half of the story. Maybe with time you'll discover that recording can be an intersting world too. ;)
    @Sniper: I was just about to ask you something about that via PM! Having a site I mean. I'll keep waiting, I'm courios to know what do you do with your band! :)
    That also remind me that still NOBODY has downloaded any mp3 from our site, no comments, no insults, nothing... :(
    Don't be shy or lazy, c'mon! :D :cool:

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

@aragorn II: I understand exactly what you are saying. However, while in a band while i was at college, all we did was record our own stuff, and never did any jamming. So i have suffered a recording overkill. So now when i get with musicians, all i want to do is jam for a while.

I also come up with some kewl riffs but can never be bothered to do anything with them, despite the fact that i have all the software/equipment to record my own stuff. I'll get round to it one day i'm sure :D

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Arragorn II, lol well thats kewls thanks ;) Basically, I'm the singer/one of two guitarists in there :p But I'll let you know when we have mp3s d/loaded

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I took piano lessons as a kid but hated it. I have a bass and took some lessons, but I just don't have the energy to practice to the point of being passable. I wish I had the time and energy, but there are so many other things that I have to do!

7. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I played just about everything in High School. I loved playing auxilliary percussion in the school brass band, man those maracas...

Actually the timpani were the most fun, and I even played flute for 6 years.

Couldn't play a thing now after all that time...

But if I could I would play bassoon. I have always loved the bassoon solo in Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. You know, the beginning of Disney's Fanstasia where it shows the creation of the universe...

8. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

I have played the piano for 5 years. But I'm now playing with the thought to stop playing ...

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I have a friend whom I help with English and he teaches me to play the piano. I don't have my own one, so I can't really practice but still it's not that bad. He has a spare midi keyboard and a Jamaha keyboard he doesn't use, so perhaps I should borrow one and practice a little on my own (actually it's the only way I learn anything).

10. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I've played guitar, for about 3 years now. My dad first taught me a few chords, then I started on some Nirvana tabs. I got lessons at my school but I didn't enjoy it all that much. Recently I started lessons with a much more laid back teacher and I'm really enjoying that. I like rock, but I'm playing a LOT of blues, usually improvising with the A minor pentatonic scale.

11. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I used to play the Trupit, when I was a kid. I had Music class everyday, I dont know how I and why I did that.

12. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I have played the guitar for about five years now. I sometimes preform in school with a few friends, and we are thinking of recording a few songs since there is a proffessional studio about 500 meters from school, and everyone in our school has free access.

13. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Now I just play drums with my pens during class. ;)

14. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I am one of those that wanted to learn to play one instrument. I didn't have any special wish so i had opportunity to play sax tenor. I had no musical knowledge, besides the stuff you learn in school. After one year of playing i quit, since i realized that playing music isn't for me :(

Good thing for my neighbors, since i live in the apartment building.

15. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

I'd like to learn how to play the drums sometime, but I don't have the time...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.