1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DM = Crash

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Brallrock, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] I did a bunch of searches and didn't find this problem listed anywhere, so here goes.

I am just starting to use the DM codes on NWN and when I hit the ` or the ~ keys my game crashes everytime. I get an erroe message saying that NWN has had to shut down. I have just the plain NWN game, it is a new full install with the latest patch installed, v1.66. Everything else seems to work with the game just fine, but I can't bring up the cursor in the upper left hand corner. Before I updated it I could bring up the Cursor and entered Debug Mode and it said success, but no matter how I entered the codes they wouldn't work(ie failure messages not success as when I entered Debug Mode).

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

You could try the ## command instead of typing into the console. Also, critical rebuild patch might not be a bad idea.

3. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I will try the ## thing. Where is the critical rebuild patch? I looked all over on SP (or at least I think I did, there is tons of stuff on this site) and didn't see it. Can you use the ## just like the console, or is it different?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You can find the critical rebuild patch on BioWare's site; it's very rare that anyone should need it, so I don't think it's listed on SP. I'll add them in one of the next site updates. For the time being, see http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_english.html

5. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Riddle me this Batman. I got so pissed after fighting with this isssue all night that I uninstalled NWN and vowed I would never touch it again. So when I got up I decided to load it again and try over, on a hunch I decided I wouldn't patch it and tried it again. The f*****g thing worked. I couldn't play around to much with it too much but the give gold and mod STR worked fine. I tried entering the dm_spawnitem nw_cloth02 in it gave an error message (don't remember what it said). I had to leave to go to work.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What exactly do you need to console in so badly?

7. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Nothing in particular, I guess I'm just a cheater at heart, and to have it not work just kills me. I still can't get items to spawn, I keep getting message that "spawnitem" is not found. I am careful to leave the cursor in a drop able spot and type carefully just as the pages show, and nothing is found (I have tried many different codes for various items). I am going to look into seeing if I can find a full list of patches and install them one by one until it works. I am planning to by NWN Diamond soon, so now it is just on the principle that it doesn't work, and it is supposed to. I am a bit obsessive about these kinds of things. I bought three copies of IWD because the CLUAConsole didn't work in the first two. I always cheat out at least boots of speed for my whole party just to speed up the game.

8. Taluntain

Media:
    Well, in NWN you have the toolset, where you can cheat your heart out exponentially more than through the console. It just takes a bit more effort.

9. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I will have to try that. Thanks for the help! :)

I figured it out after much trial and error, and a lot of research on this site and at Bioware. If you are having the problem I had in this thread here is how to work it.

To start the console you type ##DebugMode 1 in the chat bar. Just as I typed it, no space between the ## and the command. Same thing with dm codes ##dm_spawnitem nw_nwcloth002, once again, no space between the ## and the command. Don't forget to have the cursor over someplace stuff can be spawned to. So far I have found that over grass doesn't work for some reason. I hope this helps someone out in the future, I spent alot of time on it. Since then I haven't cheated much stuuf out, it was the principle of the matter.

[ February 05, 2006, 05:59: Message edited by: Brallrock ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.