1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo II

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Aces, May 30, 2008.

1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    When you use the teleport system you will see several tabs with roman numerals at the top of the window. Clicking on the other tabs will list all the waypoints you've activated in previous acts. You can go back to any previous point in the game using this.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I just saw that there is a new patch with a ladder reset for Diablo II being released in June 17th. If you want to play online, the ladder reset is the time to jump in...

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

You guys DO know that with patch 1.11, you can set the number of players, right? Monsters become tougher, but they vomit a LOT more XP and MUCH, MUCH more loot - hell, my (new) Necro is level 30 and I'm not done with Act2 yet.

/players 8 - yes, MF DOES help. Andariel dropped me FOUR UNIQUES and ONE SET ITEM.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I thought that you were only allowed to set players in single player - you can do it in multiplayer as well?

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I knew there was a code for that 8 player thing, but I forgot the code.

I'll try it tomorrow where I'm just trying to level up...

6. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Thanks!

BTW a few Qs~

Act III at the start.
    When I left town I saw the "Dark Wanderer".
    I took a few swings at him but didn't connect.
    He teleported away and left a weak demon for me to kill.
    This is all there is to this encounter right?

Act IV

The Fallen Angel.
    For some reason this unique monster isn't listed in the Prima guide.
    :(
    He seemed totally immue to cold attacks from my Holy Freeze.
    Is this true?
    I got him with Holy shock.
    :cool:

Still got a few things to do in Act IV.
    Is there a point of no return?
    I mean if I enter the final area with Diablo I can still town portal back right?

Once I go to Act V (the expansion) I can get back to the earlier acts by using the waypoints correct?

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Act III - Yep - that's all there is to that encounter with the Dark Wanderer.

Act IV - The Fallen Angel's name is Izual. I'm sure Izual is listed in the guide. I do not think that he is cold immune in normal difficulty, and I do not think he can spawn with immunity to cold as a random mod (but I could be wrong). I certainly have killed him in the past using a frost zealot, so I can at least say it's not common for him to spawn with cold immunity. When you click on a monster, it lists below their life bar what they are immune to. So you should never have to be in a position where you don't know.

Diablo - You can always teleport back to town, even if you are in the middle of fighting Diablo. (Like say for example you run out of healing potions or your merc dies.)

Act V - Yep - waypoints still work.

8. Disciple of The Watch

IIRC, Izual is NOT cold immune, but cold resistant. Personally, I curse the hell out of him and let my army of summons beat him to a bloody pulp.

9. Aces Gems: 19/31

That explains it.
    Couldn't do hardy anything with my freeze.
    My hire uses cold arrows too so together we couldn't move his HP bar at all using cold attacks.

He didn't like lighting though... ;)

And I got 2 skill points as a reward!?
    :D

And the only Act IV unique Bestiary bosses listed in the guide are the three Sanctuary Seal bosses and some guy called Helphasto the Armorer, not counting Diablo himself.

Must have been an oversight.
    His quest is listed in the quest chapter.

I haven't met any of them yet but probably will tonight.
    :p

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Yeah, the Izual reward is easily the best in the game, especially as it comes at a time when your rate of levelling begins to slow down.

You'll find Hephasto before the seal bosses - but he is a pushover on normal difficulty - not any more difficult that the average pack boss you'll encounter. The seal bosses on the other hand should prove to be more challenging.

11. Gnarfflinger

I find that Diablo himself is the toughest fight in the game, even after teh expansion.

12. Disciple of The Watch

The F***ING red lightning bolt of death...!!! ARGH! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

13. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Long time since I played Diablo II. I think I made it to chapter 3 (thats the jungle level right?). Played as a barbarian. Put everything into sword and bash. Finished chapter 2 at level 19. Thats the only thing I remember hehe.

14. Ziad

Media:
    The fight against Diablo is when I realised just how good (or cheesy, depending on your point of view) the Sorceress is. I keep Diablo at the edge of the screen and spam whatever my main attack happens to be at the time until he dies. All I need to do is move every time he does the lightning attack. You can see he's going to do do it a second in advance, so you've got a short time to start dancing. I have no idea how melee builds like the Paladin or Barbarian can kill him without dying many, many times - even with tons of hit points he has FAR more HPs than you.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Ziad, when I played a LAN game with one of my buddies, he gave me a ring with Teleport charges, so anytime Big D was able to throw a RLBOD at me, I just zapped around until he was done, and then I'd teleport just next to him, and all my summons teleported with me and proceeded to beat the living hell out of him, so it was only a matter of time till Big D lied dead.

Giving Big D an asswhooping without dying six or sevel times? Well, with a Barb, when I saw Big D about to unleash the RLBOD, I used leap attack and try to jump out of range of the damn RLBOD. Then it's a matter of being fast enough to dodge...

Never did Paladin builds, don't plan to either.

16. Aces Gems: 19/31

Querstion about Runewords.

I got a gothic shield with three slots and two of the three rune words I need to get:

Ancient's Pledge
    3 Socket Shields Ral + Ort + Tal
    +50% Enhanced Defense
    Cold Resist +43%
    Fire Resist +48%
    Lightning Resist +48%
    Poison Resist +48%
    10% Damage Goes To Mana

I need the Ort rune. :p

Does the rune word remove any magic bonuses on the shield and replace them or are they kept and added?

I know the best paladin shield (normal) is a little beter than the gothic but I haven't had any drops of it yet at all let alone a three sloter one.

Also I got my first exceptional drop, some damaged gloves.
    Should I wait and try to get an exceptional shield?
    The first one with three slots is the large (Scutum) and probably won't show up for a awhile.

17. Ziad

Media:
    @Disciple of The Watch: Yeah, I forgot about the barbarian's Leap Attack. Definitely sounds like a good way to get out of Diablo's range. Having a Teleport ring would also work for any class, but I don't like relying on it too much against Diablo. My reflexes are becoming more and more sluggish so relying on a combo to switch to Teleport and get away safely tends to be a recipe for disaster (big shame as Teleport is possibly one of the most useful skills in the game).

18. Gnarfflinger

I have my first character ready to move on the Lord of Terror. A Paladin running Zeal and Thorns. My Necro is in Hell as well, but the other 5 characters are still in Act II...

19. Aces Gems: 19/31

:confused:

How do you play with more than character?
    Do they interact?

20. Ziad

Media:
    I'm assuming he's running multiple characters, each in a different game. IIRC there's no way to have more than one character, unless you have more than on PC and start a Network game, at which point you could switch from one PC to the other to control the multiple characters (not very likely in the middle of combat unless your reflexes are superhuman)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.