1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Desktop or Console?

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What test system did they use? I tried looking for the test setup, but my work compute sucks so bad, GS was difficult to view.

If they were using a PC with a ATI 3750 and only had the game set to normal graphics quallity and no AA...that would loog "good" but not great.

Now if they have dual 5870's in Xfire, quallity set to high, and 8x AA...that would look stunning...

2. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Having played it on the PC and the 360, I can confirm the PC is far better.

Also, with all the graphics set at max it's a beautiful game.

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Dragon Age Origins looks slightly and I mean slightly better on PC than the PS3. The PS3 looks slightly better than on the XBox. If I am not mistaken, I believe DAO has a preference for Nvidia cards and that is why it looks better on the PS3 than the XBox 360.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    True, when I installed the game, it also installed "NVIDIA PhysX Properties"

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I can confirm that. Anti Aliasing makes a difference. I turned it on and I wish I had used it from the start.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned that yet but I've read the PC version was more difficult, now that is definitely a good thing as replaying through the game you may want to turn up the difficulty to spice things up.

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

LOL... Trying to play a tatical game with the view on the PS3 or XBox is extremely difficult.

As for the PC; they do have a new patch to the game to correct some of the difficulty settings and a few other bugs the game has.

Over all this is one game that is actually released without too many bugs. That is rarely seen in this day and age.

7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

For those of you who want to buy the game and have a XBox or PS3 don't buy the console version. Bioware has made it pretty clear through their lack of effort to patch the bugs on the consoles that they have patched on the PC. Those of us who already bought the game on the console have either trade our games in or accepted the fact that Bioware is not supporting the console version like the PC.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.