1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

decent games (PC)

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Sarevok•, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

So are there any decent games out at the moment folks? I have found CM – 03/04 to be the most enjoyable and addictive so far this year, anyone here playing anything that’s really cool (new)(single player)? Then post it here, I can only take so much of CM :wave:

2. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Gothic 2 is a really nice RPG for people who like CRPGs...it's a single player rpg that is like the Ultimas and Morrowind...check out the official site for more information

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

It looks promising, I really want one of those (I am hungry but game is more important, oOOps it’s 6.30am) games ;)

4. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I realy like Divine Divinity, it's not very new, but the expansion has been released pretty recently, called Beyond Divinity. It's a little bit like Diablo, but there's more character interactions, tons of quests - not all of them pure hack and slash, good character development. Graphic is very cool. I recommend trying it.

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Knights of the Old Republic by BioWare is a very good Star Wars RPG, though you don't need to be a Star Wars fan to appreciate it.

Unreal Tournament 2004 just came out too, and apparantly it is very good too.

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Depends on what you like. If you're into shooters, Call of Duty is a great choice. Personally i'm having fun with this one at the moment. Pure, uncomplicated hack and slash, with good graphics and lots of blood. All the ingredients that make some politicians go insane. :D

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

I played UT2003 for ages and ages online, UT2004 is just the same with some dodgy vehicles and new maps.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

9. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

I read that before somewhere else, good games are very hard to find right now, most games just really don't quite do it for me now and they are getting worse. I guess I will go back to BG2 :cry:

10. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If strategy games suit you, I'd recommend Victoria: sun never sets on the British empire, complex, deep, addictive, much online support...

I heard many good things about Prince of Persia: sands of time.

Adventure games: Syberia (number two to come out rather soon) or Runaway.

Silent Storm for turn-based Fallout:tactics-like combat.

11. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hopefully the next generation fps' will end the drought.

12. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I gotta say X2: the threat is looking really tasty right now. I think thats going to be in the shopping bag pretty soon.

13. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Strategy: Battle for Wesnoth. It's free and it works on win$ too. ;)

14. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You should try gothic 2 :D , it took me about 40 hours to beat it, and that's just one class. Each of the three classes has a different storyline to follow, and each time you play again you will probably find something that you didn't see the last time through. Right now I'm waiting for the expansion to come out, which is currently out in germany. Atari (who published gothic 2) has no interest in publishing it, so I may have to wait for gothic 3...oh well.

15. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

UT2004 is not just UT2003 with vehicles, the game runs faster and netcode is better -> lesser lag on slower connections... But that says my friend. I am more Battlefield - Vietnam fan, helicopters rule!

16. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Decent games on PC eh? Well, i went looking for one yesterday, went round an entire town, and then went round another entire town. There was nothing, NOTHING, worth spending hard earned cash on. I mean there were some games i might of enjoyed for a while and then got bored of and wished i'd never bought, but nothing of any real worth. I think the best bet is to wait for "Thief 3 deadly shadows," for pc anyway. And fable if you have an x-box.

17. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Trust me, ut2003 is ut2004 with vehicles, the difference in play is hardly even noticeable.

18. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Hardly noticable? There's two more gametypes than in UT2k3, both of which are really good. The addition of vehicles is hardly noticable? What? There are flying vehicles, which alone completely changes gameplay, not to mention the advantages in moving far more rapidly than on foot, with several people in the same vehicle.

19. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

That's like saying Half-Life and Halo are the same game, just because both the hero's wear special suits and you shoot aliens.

20. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

I played UT2003 to death, competed at lan etc. I say again, there is hardly any difference between the two at all. UT2004 is UT2003 with a mega patch and a big map pack. Sure, there are a few vehicles and new game modes but the rest of the game modes DM, CTF, BR etc are no different. Play UT2003 with 115 % (around) game speed and voila, you have UT2004 speed. It doesn’t change the game one bit. You don’t know the game as well as I do believe me.

I mean yes, there is two new game modes but there are no changes in game play because there wasn’t anything to change, in UT2003 they didn’t exist.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.