1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

David Thorne

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Gaear, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Exactly! :)

Now, I'm not saying that the ones where the people deserved the abuse because they started out being stupid aren't funny. "Foggot", "Bob's Artwork", the party invite, pie charts - these were hilarious. But some of the others - not so much.

---------- Added 0 hours, 33 minutes and 50 seconds later... ----------

I just read "Timesheets". I'm going to assume Simon is an annoying twit rather than just some poor guy that Thorne decided to pick on so that I won't feel guilty for laughing so hard. :)

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Isn't Simon the pie charts guy? Maybe I got the people confused, but he seems to torment Simon a LOT.

But I have to disagree about how funny his writing is. I find what he writes (the style and the implications underneath what he actually says) hilarious. :)

3. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I thought the F26-A one with Simon was brilliant because he basically had Simon tell the story the through the F26-A complaint forms.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

If someone is being a douche, then they deserve to be mocked, absolutely. But if someone is not being a douche, then this level of mockery and dickery is not nearly as funny.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    LKD, he does it with flare. Personally I agree with BT. All of the people who were mocked in these pieces had it coming to them in some way. Also the guy with the F26 - formal complaints does sound like a real douche. But really what is the point in arguing about what a dick David Thorne is? I'm pretty sure we are in the Sensorium and not The Alleys. Not everything has to be a debate. I would say that if he really bothers you, don't read him.

@ Splunge - Your humour fell short.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, but a different Simon. Pie chart Simon's last name is Edhouse; co-worker Simon is Dempsey

And again, I wasn't trying to be funny. I was trying to be a snarky a-hole like Thorne. Yes, different style, but still an a-hole.

7. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    But Thorne is a funny snarky a-hole. Just being a plain snarky a-hole is hardly demonstrative of anything. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.