1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Date ideas

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mesmero, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sacrilege! Disneyland rules. It's the happiest place on Earth! It's my life's dream to take my kids there one day (hurry up and grow up, damn kids, so I can take you to Disneyland!)

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm giggling for the lack of female replies here. :lol:

Play outside. Have a snowball fight or build a snow fort. Rake up leaves and jump into them.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ummm...yeah, if you're between the ages of 2 and 6. :rolleyes:

@Cal Yhringlor - When you say "Nautical Centers", are you talking about a Day Spa? :hmm:

Speaking of day spas...for our 4 year anniversary, I took Jessica to a day spa and got a couple's massage. The pull two tables close together and both of you get a massage at the same time. Then they fill a giant whirlpool tub with warm soapy water, and leave you alone behind locked doors for 30-45 minutes to "use the room as you see fit". :love: If you're not ready for something like that...then just get a regular massage for the two of you. :rolling:

4. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Join dancing classes together. My fiancee and I went to salsa, cha-cha, and jive classes for two months and it was good fun. We're doing waltz and tango (oh, yeah!) now.

We'll rule supreme in our wedding day. :grin:

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I once hired a private pilot to take a lady and me flying around the countryside. That was very nice.

Hot air balloon rides are nice too.

How about boating or something?

6. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

OK, the list of ideas is starting to grow, thank you all very much.

I think Disney is actually pretty fun as long as you haven't lost your inner child. It's just a worry free time and nobody looks weird if act like a kid again, that's the beauty of it.

And a nautical center isn't exactly like a day spa, if I understand Cal correctly. It is like an indoor swimming center without the standard 50 meter baths, but it has things like slides, currents and hot tubs and stuff like that.

Adding it to the list. But isn't that a little cold in the winter? You get up pretty high in the air, so this seems more like a summer thing.

I never actually visited any Belgium cities as a tourist. I stayed in the Ardennes for a week, but besides that, I never really visited Belgium :o . Brugge (Bruges) is actually on my 'places I need to go before I die'-list.
    And it's not exactly like I life next to the Belgium or German border or anything like that, but than again, the Netherlands is not the biggest place in the world.

7. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    No, I don't think so ; if I read your description of "Day spa", Kitrax, it is in no way the same thing.
    What is the specific meaning of your "spa" word, here ? :hmm:
    Yes, Mesmero, you understand me correctly ! :) But, there is also a "standard 50 meters bath", (even if it less useful, of course) ; and, many others stuffs I haven't described.
    General purpose is relaxation, water games, amusement, ... and not sport ! :bigeyes:
    In Europe, Nautic Centers are very common.
    (In fact, it is almost sure, Mesmero, that you HAVE one within a radius of 75 kilometers, or less, without knowing it !) :cool:

8. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @ Cal:

This should explain what Kitrax was referring to:
    Wikipedia Linky!

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wonder if you have any indoor parks if you have cold winters there. It snows 1/2 the year and we have several public places that have a lot of plantlife inside. Some of the places you have to pay to go inside and some of them you don't. Why don't you pack a nice romantic picnic and enjoy a little indoor jungle time?

10. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Well, there's actually one only 15 km away from where I live, and it also has a 50m pool. But nobody around here calls it a nautical center, so that's why I wasn't sure you meant what I thought you meant.

Winters here are less harsh than in Canada, but still not exactly picnic weather. I never heard of indoor parks around here, but I will look into it. Thanks, that's a pretty good idea.

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Close to the coast then? Ports and beaches are a lot of fun to see outside the season.

12. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Well, I always take her to a bar. That way, you can dance (because women *love* to dance) but more importantly, you can drink alcohol! :D It's not that you want her to be so drunk you can have your way (and juste for the record, I NEVER did that :lol: ), but a drink or two tends to loosen control a bit. You dance much closer.. :)
    But I agree with outside winter stuff, it makes her want to get closer to you. All in all, to me whats important is to have activities where you can have a physical touch (hand, arms, whatever). But all this depends also on what level of dating you're in.

I also recommend the good old "movie at my place" date. You sit next to her in a couch, and you since it's a bit cold (you purposely brought down the temperature in teh room before she came), you gentlemanly offer to cover the both of you with a blanket.. ahhh, memories... :D

Hey! Who are you calling a nerd?? I resent that! :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.