1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dark Heresy, Interested?

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Dave the Magic Turtle, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Actually, the whole nineteen implants as a whole are called geneseed. The eighteenth implants, the progenoid, implanted to the chest and neck, would be what you describe. They do, however, in five years, mature to geneseed that then can be used to produce the other implants. As the technology to actually create more implants without the progenoids has been lost, it is of utmost importance to retrieve the progenoid implants, up to the point of apothecaries actually performing the operations under crossfire if need be.

There are nineteen implants in total. Due to the fact that everything is essentially the copy of a copy of a copy, they aren't pure with each chapter, and can thus result in minor alterations. One example is the Blood Angels chapter, the marines of which can be overcome by horrific rage in battle. The Inquisition is always at odds with chapters that exhibit too outrageous impurities. The implants make Marines superhuman to the point that they can easily smash down metal doors, sustain a limited amount of direct fire, eat poisoned materials without even flinching, survive in a vacuum for moments, go without sleep for weeks, breathe poison gas without effect and many other very, very nasty things. Add to that the power armor that makes them even more outrageously powerful and tough, and you have a monster in the shape of a man.

And yes, I'm still alive and intrested in the game.

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Hence why I started my post with 'basically'. ;)

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Indeed, Space Marines' (in)humanity is one of the delicious ironies of Warhammer 40k. I wonder if there will be an expansion detailing even stranger humans, mutants or xenos - iirc it is not impossible for an inquisitor to, basically, decide to fight fire with fire.

4. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

There are radical inquisitors, who would want to do just that, use Xenos technology to wipe them out and blast Chaos to oblivion with their own energies. Basically, use whatever works, not what's "pure". It goes without saying that they're really not looked favourably, and walk a very, very thin line.

One of the things they use are the Daemonhosts, mortal humans possessed by a Daemon and bound to servitude, so that the Daemon cannot control the mortal, but vise-versa.. They are unstable, literally, even at best. But they are basically fire against fire. Eventually, however, the host will simply expire and the Daemon takes over for real. And only the bolter will help then.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I've heard about those. Makes hiring a squad of Tau mercs sound like a prim and proper thing to do, almost.

6. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Erm... guys, is everything ok? It's been ages. Well, rather short ages, but still ;)

7. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Ok people we're gonna sort characters once and for all hopefully, let me know what you need to do yet, I'll be on skype as much as possible so give me a call if you want, also I'll be in the FAI (name is Chewbaka) as much as I can so I can help you there.

Finally got internet, just need to get my scanner working...but I can help you if you get in contact with me...I also have MSN Messenger but I don't always use that :)

I'll help you create characters from scratch if need be.

Anyway I'm going to do everything I can to get this going!

Get in touch! Click the icons under my avatar for contact details :)

8. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Oh, we're starting? Just to let you know I'm still alive and able.

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I should still be able to post. I'll get the character sheet finished as soon as I can :)

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Might as well bump this - is there any progress?

11. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    christmas, plus 2 bouts of flu in as many weeks = not much progress sorry but back at uni with my computer so shall endevour to get the next bit done :) One day we will start! I promise!

12. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Just checking to see if there is any more progress - RP corner has been looking depressing with no new posts in weeks.

13. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Yep, it sure has... Looks like I'll have to go forward with my TT game. Let me know if you're going somewhere, ok? I think I may have lost the first draft of my character - had to reinstall XP - but I think I should have sent it over at some time. If not, I think I may just do a rehash.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.