1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cyrodiil Upgrade Overhaul

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Nakia, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hokay, I'm bias but this is a fantastic mod. Anyone who has played Oblivion for a while should try this IMO and of course my opinion is very good.

Some may ask what is an overhaul? Simplistically put it changes the game world but this mod at least stays lore friendly. No aliens from outerspace or the latest heavy metal star appear. Some of the items added in are recreation of Morrowind stuff. The mod unlevels the original spawn points of Beth's Oblivion so you may have a very rough time of it in the beginning. Learn to run like Hel's Realm if you value your life. New NPC's both friendly and unfriendly have been added. There is a lot more to this mod then I have told you. This is a modular mod which means you get to choose what you want. Naturally I want it all and more. And there will be more.

I will give you a couple of links to the download site on TESNexus

Here the link for CUO: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20288

You will need the Cyrodiil Upgrade Resource Pack so here that link: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19254

All 7 files are required. Be sure to download them all. Individually they aren't that large.

The Elder Council is a related but optional MOd. Join the Imperial Legion and risee in the Ranks. See the expanded Palace. You can become a Count/Countess and with enough hard work you can even become a Due/Duchess. See new lands. This is a mod made with love and a great deal of effort to make it compatible with other mods. A lot new has been added without overwriting Beth's original entries. I had the great privilege of being in on the beginning of that mod so I know something of the effort that went into it.

The link for that one is here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/search.php

Here is a link to an information topic on the TESnexus forum: http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=78663&hl==

Now for some great news for Oblivion addicts. I happen to over hear a fox and a rabbit talking and it seems that Origin of the Mage guild is going to be rel-released to the public very shortly. Don't worry I'll let you know when it is. This is the fantastical mod that continues the saga of the Mage guild. It is lore friendly and expands the University, adds Mages wandering around the world and quests. Again I know first hand a bit about the development of this mod. Things were done in such away that should be little problems with other mods. The Bruma Guild is rebuilt so you may need to make a choice there. The choice is yours though it isn't forced on you. Can't give you a link for that one yet but I will as soon as I can.

Remember you get all this for free. Mods are freebies so appreciate the modders hard work and enjoy.

One wee word of warning. If for some strange reason you do not like the mod just deactivate and toss it in the recycle bin. Do NOT come and tell me about . I may dislike the mod you consider the greatest. Taste vary and that is what makes this world interesting.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have or find someone who can answer them.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Some questions then if you please Nakia. Do you have to start a new game? Do you know if this mod is available in French? I'm unfortunate enough to have the French version of Oblivion so I'm limited as far as mods are concerned (although the French community is really dedicated and many mods for oblivion have already been translated).

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You don't have to start a new game but as far as I know it is only in English. I'm really sorry about that. Even if someone could translate the script there is the problem of the voice-acting. Yes the mod has new dialogue with voice-acting and more being added all the time.

I'm really sorry about that.

4. Caradhras

Media:
    Well thanks for the answer, I'll have to get an English copy of the game when I get a chance.

5. Nakia

Media:
    I got more information on your question, Cardhras. Some related mods have been translated into other languages including French. as I understand it these are usually done by native independent translators so if there is a French modder who wants to do the translation for CUO thereis hope that you may eventually get it in French. First the mod is translated and then the modder continues to develop it.

This done with the blessing of the developer of these mods. :)

6. Caradhras

Media:
    Those modders and translators are true heroes, I'll have to check this one out. Mods really make that game more enjoyable.
    Thanks Nakia.

7. Nakia

Media:
    I understand that there will be public release of 'Origin of the Mage Guild' in the next few weeks. This is great news for those of us who follow the Cyrodiil Upgrade.At the moment I have no idea what has been added except that a request was made for voice actors. I also understand that the annoying phrase the battlemages at the gate say will be eliminated or at least limited. You know that one after become Archmage that they keep saying. 'Welcome to the Arcane University. You must be the new associate...." Drives me up a wall. I want to punch the. "Hey guys, show a little respect. I'm your boss now."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.