1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Crucis' next party

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by crucis, Jan 11, 2007.

1. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've actually played IWD2, although I've lurked around here on and off. I built a party early last year, but never got around to playing it. But now I've gotten the bug to play IWD2 again, so I've reworked that last unplayed party and thought I'd post it prior to starting.

FYI, '+' indicates stats I plan to increase.

The Silver Owls

EDIT: Here's a link to The Silver Owls party page on my portrait web site, Defenders of the Dale .

Onara
    LG Aasimar*
    Fighter X/Pal 2 (uncertain)
    STR 18+, DEX 13, CON 15+, INT 8, WIS 8, CHA 18
    Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff and Darts
    Leader and #1 tank

Onara is the party's unquestioned leader and a completely focused warrior in Selune's name.

* Note that Onara really isn't a true Aasimar. Rather, she was transformed into a being with abilities similar to an Aasimar, although she doesn't actually look like an Aasimar with her pale skin, black hair, and normal human eyes. However, in all ways, Onara is an Aasimar.

I've been considering a serious change to Onara's class mix. I don't really see her as being anything near a paladin, although I do see her as a bit of a "god-touched" champion or crusader. I've actually been considering switching her to some sort of Fighter/Barb MC. Perhaps Ftr X/Barb 1. Or perhaps as reversed as Barb X/Ftr 4, although I'd hate to give up that many feat points.

If I went to a Ftr/Barb MC, I'd probably ditch the Aasimar-like race so avoid the XP penalty. The alignment would probably be switch to CG. And the stat line would look more like this:

Human CG Ftr/Barb: STR 18+, DEX 14, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 8

Theena
    CG Human Female
    Fighter X/Rogue 2
    STR 16+, DEX 14, CON 16, INT 12, WIS 8, CHA 10
    Favored Weapon: Longsword and Shield or Bow
    Party talker and #2 tank

The soul of a bard and the heart of a lion. That would be the best way to describe Theena.

Theena is not intended to be a perfect tank. Rather, she's meant to be more of a "warrior poet" and her stats are set to reflect that nature. The skill points she gets from her rogue levels will go primarily into talking skills, with the extra going into stealth. Will be starting as a rogue to get the initial skill points burst.

Aetana (pronounced "Eh-TAHN-ah")
    CG Half-Elf Female
    Silverstar of Selune
    STR 16, DEX 10, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 18+, CHA 10
    Favored Weapon: Sling and Mace
    Medic, cleric, and #3 tank

I've decided not to drive down Aetana's CHA to gain extra stat points for RP reasons and I want her to have a chance to turn undead, when possible. I'll give up the benefits that those extra points could give in other places.

Sabaya (pronounced Sa-BUY-ah)
    NG Human Female
    Wizard
    STR 12, DEX 14, CON 14, INT 18+, WIS 10, CHA 8
    Favored Weapon: Combat Magics, Crossbow
    #1 mage

Playing a wizard rather than a sorc cuz Tal Rasha's mod promises lots more scrolls. What the heck, let's give it a try.

Atika (pronounced Ah-TEE-kah)
    CG Human* Female
    Rogue X/Ftr 4
    STR 14+, DEX 18+, CON 14, INT 14, WIS 10, CHA 6
    Favored Weapon: Bow
    Party rogue and archer

* May switch to strongheart halfling to increase party diversity.

Atika greatly prefers to fight with a bow in hand, but will gladly engage in melee or sneak attacks when appropriate.

Xanphia (pronounced ZAN-fee-ah)
    NG Wild Elf Female
    Druid
    STR 12, DEX 20, CON 12, INT 10, WIS 18+, CHA 4
    Favored Weapon: Bow and Druidic Magics
    #2 mage and archer

Xanphia's stats are intentionally skewed towards improving her ability as an archer, although I will not take 4 fighter levels to further improve that ability.

Feel free to make any comments.

[ January 11, 2007, 22:04: Message edited by: crucis ]

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Nice party (not powergamy, I like it) I have one question though: having a pally as the leader mean you won't get rewards from the quests (I guess it's a RPing choice) but that certainly reduces the cash flow for your party (and the wizard is going to need the dough to buy some scrolls).

I only have one suggestion to make: giving one Monk level to the druid could be a good idea (if you're prepared to change her race).

3. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

Caradhras, when I say "leader", I don't really mean spokesperson. Theena is the party's spokesperson, i.e. the "talker", but Onara is the true leader.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the one monk level, but I don't want to lose the spellcasting levels and I'm pretty locked into Xanphia being a wild elf. Particularly since I've already created all 6 custom portrait edits for the party, and Xanphia's is very much "wild elf"-ish, according to the racial description in the manual, i.e. dark brown skin and brown hair.

When I get a chance, I'll upload the pics to my portait site and place links to them in my initial post.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.