1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Crafting and Enchanting

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Faraaz, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Master Leo: But not all! And besides...I'm sure that this will not be the case in PvP servers...

2. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Interesting. Looks like Invulnerable Armor just like Armor of Haste is still bugged as per patch 1.04 according to Biowares official forum.

So save your precious gems and essenses for something else guys!

@Deadman:

I agree with Umber Hulk armor allthough I usually save it for heavy shields... Since there is 6 Umber Hulk hides in game, more npc's can be equipped that way. But it is a matter of taste.

Haven't found Golden Circlet, probably a random drop since it is in the toolset?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What good is Invulnerable armor anyway? I doubt anyone attacking you by the time you could make it would be using normal, nonmagical weapons.

I guess it could be good outside of the OC...

4. Ironhawk Skylord

@Blackthorne TA:

Well the same argument goes for Armor of Haste too, I think.

Since Sand, Grobnar and Qara can cast Haste, and you can stock up on Potions of Speed, the armor is a little obsolete IMHO.

Besides that, I mentioned some nice Bracers you can buy in another topic here. Haste 4 times a day.

But I just thought I would warn you guys against making those two kinds of armor since it is not fixed yet.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I agree about the Armor of Haste; it would be different if it were a permanent effect.

But at least Haste is useful; I doubt DR 10/magic would be very useful at all. DR 10/adamantine like the Stoneskin spell used to make it wolud have been better I think.

Oh, and my previous question wan't meant to imply that you shouldn't have brought up the problem with the armor recipe; the question occurred to me because you brought it up.

6. Ironhawk Skylord

Yes, agreed.

Haste is very useful, so useful that in IMHO Permanent Haste would be overpowered for the OC.

DR 10/magic on the other hand is not very interesting I think. Not when you can make an armor with crit and sneak attack immunity, spell resistance or elemental resistance.

I didn't think you implied anything. You came with a valued opinion :)

7. Deadman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Why was permanent haste removed in the patches ? I know it was overpowered but it's annoying to cast it. Does anyone know which file was altered by any of the NWN2 patches to convert the haste effect ? I plan on deleting the override file created by the patch and return the original haste effect.

8. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

they've removed permanent haste on items but you can still persist it with the feat (eats up a lvl 9 slot though)

i'm not a big fan myself, considering most of my party is usually spellcasters, so haste deosn't really help (except for the movement speed boost)

9. Ironhawk Skylord

I ran into some more recipes for the gem list:

Obsidian
    ======
    5 - Weapon +1 to all saves (Lucky) *BUGGED*
    5 - Amulet - Immunity to Disease and Poison. (Lesser Amulet of Health)

Canary Diamond
    ============
    5 - Amulet - Immunity to Ability/Level Drain, Disease, and Poison. (Amulet of Health)

Sapphire
    =======
    1 - Amulet - Shield 3/day (Brooch of Shielding)

Fire Opal
    =======
    10 - Weapon - 1d10 fire damage to crits (Flaming Burst) *BUGGED*

Diamond
    ======
    5 - Weapon - +1 AC Deflection (Defending)

Emerald
    ======
    5 - Weapon - +2 AC Deflection (Improved Defending)

Blue Diamond
    ==========
    5 - Weapon - +3 AC Deflection (Greater Defending)

[ March 29, 2007, 09:36: Message edited by: Ironhawk Skylord ]

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    IMHO sapphire is better used on +4 enchantments, while emerald +3 and diamond +2...

11. Ironhawk Skylord

Sapphires can not be used for +4 enchantments.

But star sapphires can.

And diamond used for +2 enchantments is a waste IMHO. Better to use those diamonds for Holy damage (2d6 vs Evil).

Besides that you get a lot of diamonds and emeralds. For a two weapon fighter, it can be an interesting option, if one of the weapons are defending, I think.

12. Deadman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

With regards to adding keen to a weapon does anyone know what spell and essence is required ? I know you need a ruby from Master Leo's post but need more info.

13. Ironhawk Skylord

Here you go:

Keen: Doubles Threat Range
    Requires: Caster Level 10, Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat
    Ingredients: Weak Earth Essence, Ruby
    Spell: Lightning Bolt

Be aware that keen doesn't stack with the feat Improved Criticals and a lot of monsters/enemies in the late parts of the game are immune to criticals/sneak attacks.

14. Ironhawk Skylord

Newsflash:

As per patch 1.05, the recipes for Armor of Haste, Invulnerable Armor and Lucky Weapon still doesn't work.

Armor of Haste still gets the Delayed Blast Fireball 3/day, and the recipes for Invulnerable Armor and Lucky Weapon does nothing.

It looks like the recipe for Flaming Burst weapon works now.

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    My favourite weapons in NWN2:

Demonbane = holy + axiomatic + mass crit, in cold iron
    Devilslayer = anarchic + holy + mass crit in silver
    Cleansing Fire = holy + fire +5, in cold iron

Holy Vampiric Flail, for lack of a better name = holy + greater life stealing, in adamantine

16. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I made this for Casavir:

A +5 Holy Keen Scimitar. Doubling the Scimitar's critical range meant that Casavir dished out the damage big time.

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I made a falchion, EDIT: Darksteel, electrical, holy, massive criticals. It critted a lot, but best was the EDIT: Darksteel animation. I love the sound :shake:

PS: I'm un-concentrated.

18. Ironhawk Skylord

I usually buy the Rift Hammer for Casavir:

Special Properties
    Damage Bonus: Sonic [1d8]
    Enhancement Bonus [+ 6]

Then I craft Holy Damage on it.

The advantage is that it is the only +6 weapon in the game, sonic damage is not resisted by any enemy AFAIK and Casavir has Weapon Focus warhammers.

Oh and as per patch 1.06 the following recipes are still bugged:

Armor of Arrow Deflection, Armor of Haste, Invulnerable Armor, Lucky Weapon and Weapon of Speed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.