1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Could You Kill Somebody?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

1. No. But in my opinion there should be an option other than prolonging life at any cost for those who have reached a point in life that simply isnt bearable anymore. I know that I dont want to suffer such a fate when my time comes - only to satisfy the ethics of others.

2. No. Never. Taking a humans life in that context is out of the question. Killing someone would pretty much end my own life. I could never, would never, take that on me. Let society deal with that.

2. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

On the first: probably not... I would be willing to perform 'the act', but unless I thought I had a very good chance with 'getting away' with it... I would definitely be willing to help her arrange a 'clean' suicide (pills or somesuch) but I simply wouldn't get my hands dirty on it...

2. Yes. And I'd be willing to resurrect him just so I could do it again. And I'd feel completely justified in doing so.
    My morality is not 'determined' by the laws of society, and by my morality, everyone who molest and/or kills a child for no 'reason' (other then personal satisfaction) (dunno if there could EVER be a reason, but that's besides the point), deserves death. Preferably in a slow and painful manner... I'd want to tie him down and then flay him alive, bit by bit...
    Given the fact that again, I'm not for getting caught, I'd probably do it some quicker way, but if push comes to shove, he needs to suffer. And if the system won't make him, I will.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Yes, taking life away is no fundamental crime, I would feel myself a sadist if I let her suffer a painful and bleak end for no reason.

Probably yes, I don't really know how I would react exactly, but if I did kill him, I would have no regret.

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

1) It is her choice whether she wants to live or die, not anyone else's. So if she is suffering so badly she wants to die, I would definitely help her.

2) I wouldn't kill him. Killing him would solve absolutely nothing. Better to let the world know how flawed the "justice" system is, and how disgusting lawyers really are.

5. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

1. I would not be able to do it myself, but I could hand them the plunger on a overdose of painkillers.

2. Nope, they would kill themselves, as I would make sure that the alternative would be too horible for them to contemplate. :evil:

6. WiZinc Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

1. I would like to think that I'd have the guts, but I don't think that I would be able to kill her myself.
    Perhaps I could leave a pill or two in to her table, if I'm sure I'm not caught.

2. I am very certain that I would do my best to torture and kill that sort of person and I have no reason to doubt that I would regret it.
    That sort of thing is one of the worst, if not _The_ worst, things you can do.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    1. I wouldn't kill a terminal patient myself, but I'd certainly help them self-terminate. It's not for any one person to dictate how long another should live. That's the ultimate in personal choices.

2. I doubt I'd go out of my way to plan a killing, but I certainly wouldn't hit the brakes if I came upon this guy crossing the street, either.

8. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

1. Yes.

2. No. Do you think I'd let them get away with it that easy? I cant say what I'd do because its sure to offend some ppl, so lets just say they wouldnt be very happy... And Im not even a father...

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I am not entirely sure of how to answer. For the first one, while I would make no direct actions towards her death, I would get her anything that she needed.

For the second, it is difficult. I don't get angry often at all, and even when I do, 99.99% of the time, I am over it in an hour, max. Even so, when I do get angry, and by that I mean the angry that the proposed event would cause, then I can do bad stuff. I have only felt 'rage' a few times in my life, and I have done things that I have regreted in those instances.

That being said, if the situation mentioned above came to reality, then they would die. Slowly, painfully, and by my hands. I may have remorse later, but I still would. Justice sytem be damned; they would pay.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Simple answer: yes, if I felt the need. Human life is no different from cattle and in some streets it means even less (at least you can eat cattle :p ). Euthanasia in particular is very acceptable if there is consideration and reason behind it.

11. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

1. I'd give the patient pills that she could do the deed herself with. I couldn't live with myself afterwards if I actually did it.

2. It depends on how long since I learned of my kid's death. If it's shortly after, I'd kill the guy in a rage. If longer, I honestly couldn't say.

12. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    1. I totally believe in mercy killing. However, I do not think I could do it for a stranger. My mother died many years ago from lung cancer (she loved her cigarettes) and it was a very long and painful nine months in dying. My dad has always told my sister, myself, and his attorney that he in no way wants to linger.

2. I see no way that I wouldn't kill the person. I know as a juror I would find the father/mother innocent even if it happened on the fifty yard line during the Superbowl. Go Pats.

13. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Initially, I would say...

1)No
    2)I would hunt the man down and force a confession out of him and make him suffer. No freedom or an easy way out for him.

HOWEVER
    I would never truly know how i would react in these situations. For all i know i could say yes to the first one and no to the second one. I have no idea but these would be my initial thoughts.

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

1. No, but I would give her some pills to do the dirty work herself. If she were to change her mind, I wouldn't be responsible. (Yes, I know that you can't change your ming when dead.)

2. Yes. I would kill him and set an example to the world to NOT do something like that, not to me, not to my friends or relatives, not to anyone.

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The first one, no. As for the second, if I knew for an absolute fact that they were guilty, most likely I would.

16. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

For either of these, I don't think I can honestly answer unless I was put in those situations. For #2, I have a 8 month old child, and I can't even think of anything happening to him, much less what I'd do. That type of experience would change who I am, and so I have no idea what I'd be capable of doing.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmmm....saw this thread peeking out on the main page, so I thought I'd take a look.

As for #1: I might...it all depends on too many things. Perhaps if she was a 98 year old who recently took a turn for the worst and can neither eat nor breathe on her own, but can still communicate through writing.

#2: Yes - without a second thought. Any person who steals the innocence of a child deserves nothing less than death. A single shot to the center of the left quadrant of the chest should do the job. :grr: :rolling:

18. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    YES :beer:

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    How about... yes and yes.

20. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Killing someone, eh? Well, if he/she touches someone very dear too me, i would do anything to get revenge.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.