1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Could Trump have made a deal with the devil?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by SlickRCBD, Mar 6, 2017.

1. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yeah I think we are a little two obsessed with our two party system that's gotten really out of hand in their extremist views. Hillary's fascism "anyone who doesn't agree with me is Despicable!" pushed too many buttons. Basically it's one extreme or the other, no middle ground. Jesse was a wild-card. The thing with him was that he was so down to earth. There was no politician tap-dancing bullshit on the issues. He came right out and said what his view was, and if he was asked a question on a subject he wasn't aware of he'd say so. "I don't know anything about that, but I'll do some research on it and come up with an answer for you." He didn't pretend to know everything. He wasn't afraid to say he didn't know, but he'd find out. And his few agenda's, like getting rid of the utterly stupid car-exhaust tests, and doing some research on the actual usefulness of the on-ramp stoplights that only served to utterly mess up all sorts of traffic got the people paying attention. Unlike most politicians who try to convince you "if you can't see the brilliance of my plan you aren't smart enough" kind of BS, he was one of US, not a career politician who had no idea what he was talking about most of the time.

Many of us despicables hope(d) that Trump would be like Jesse, a maverick who'd fight for what's right, not following some personal agenda.

Now only time will tell on that one, but at least watching the Demo's heads spinning is entertaining.

Wayward Son likes this.
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I did not find Hillary likable and think that was the main reason she lost. That being said, given last weekend's events and the David Duke thanks to Trump, it seems like the "deplorable" comment has some application to quite a few people that support him . . .

3. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

Well if one is honest, that can be said about anybody. And yes, the almost instant name-calling was a major turn off. She didn't really think any Trump supporters were going to switch to her side over that? Did she perhaps think we'd stay home on voting day to hide in shame? Instead all it did was galvanize most of us to become really really hungry... Er, I mean angry...

Wayward Son likes this.
  4. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'd like to see this quote with the source and context it came from. While many things are possible I suspect something is missing or wrong here.

As a side note I see Trump as pushing more corruption rather than fighting it. His willfully establishment picked SCOTUS member doesn't look cut in on the amount of money in politics for an important example.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't think that's a quote, more like the supposed stance she holds. Although Hillary does say the darndest things...

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Right. It was something more along the lines of: Half of Trump supporters could be put into what she calls a basket of deplorables...

7. Wayward Son Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It is my final solution to the sleazy politician problem Herr Kenneth.

8. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

"...racists, sexists, islamophobic, you name it."

Certainly not a way to address someone who you need on your side. In many cases, the problem is the refusal to even entertain the idea that Trump supporters are reasonable people with reasonable concerns.

9. WickedPrince Gems: 9/31

"Deplorable" was the actual word I was looking for. My mistake on that. I mean no politician is perfect, but Hillary was trying really hard to alienate everybody she could. I don't pay a lot of attention to political news, I find it boring, repetitive and depressing, but every time I rebooted Firefox there would be a new story on MSN about how she was fighting with her own supporters. My roommate showed me a page - supposedly from her new book - where she essentially blames her loss on Bernie and his supporters when they supported her and she turned on them. Trump may make a lot of noise, but so far he hasn't been rabidly running around biting his own friends hands - which is pretty much what Hillary has been doing the whole time. Of course all of this is IMHO based on what news I was seeing and reading.

So back to my original comment: Perhaps the Devil felt Trump's soul was more valuable. Because I can't see either of them being spotless on this "selling their soul to win" stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.