1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cooking In General

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bit of thread necromancy here but I thought I'd put on some recipes for Sunday lunch.
    I love cooking Sunday lunch and, when we have guests over, they always ask for it!

Anyway, this post might be a bit long but I'm waiting for my cup of tea to cool down so I have time! :lol:

So, here's my way of doing beef and creamy leeks

Slow Cooked Beef Brisket:

I always do my beef the night before we're having the dinner (or, if we're eating late on Sunday, first thing in the morning).
    Start about 11pm
    Put 2/3 beef oxo or jelly stock cubes in the slow cooker and add enough boiling water to cover the bottom by about an inch. Stir until the cubes dissolve.
    Put the beef in and then pour over boiling water until the beef is almost covered.
    Put the cooker on high for half an hour then turn the beef in the liquid and turn down to low (obviously, you need the lid on).
    Leave the cooker on low until you get up the next morning.
    Take the beef out and wrap in two layers of foil and then leave it until you're ready to serve.
    Take the stock that's in the pot and cool it as quickly as you can. This will leave a layer of fat on the top. You can scrape this off and add it to your roast potatoes and the stock makes great gravy

Creamy Leeks
    2-3 large leeks - chopped
    250ml double cream
    1 miniature bottle of chardonnay (I find Echo Falls is best)
    300g diced pancetta

Dry fry the pancetta until crispy
    Throw in the leeks, fry for a minute
    Add the wine and allow to boil for a minute
    Add the cream
    Bring to the boil and then simmer until thick

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.