1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cooking In General

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    So, later today I will be making a quiche. THose are, as they say, love, but I am having abit ogf a "Hmmm" about it.

Namely, what's the best way to freeze the leftovers? :D

Edit: I am also v. tempted to add beans to the usual bacon-onion-soinach mix. thinkt aht would work? :D

[ July 21, 2006, 13:55: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    What sort of beans? Quiche is sometimes referred to as "refrigerator velcro" - that is, a good way to combine the little bits of miscellaneous leftovers that are cluttering up the fridge. You can combine almost anything - within reason in a quiche and have it come out tasty.

That said, I can see green beans in quiche, but I have a hard time imagining something like white, black, or garbanzo beans as being a good match.

3. Arabwel

Media:
    lesseee.... *checks bean status* have green beans, brown beans, soy beans, mung beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, white beans, pinto beans.... thionk some of those would work? :p

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Why don't you just make Chilli instead Ara? You could use all of those 'cept the green beans of course. The green ones you can use in your quiche.

5. Arabwel

Media:
    I am a freak. I donöt like chili thgat much :p

as it is, I didnöt use the beans int he quiche; was too lazy to risk ruining it. right now the "Plan" is to use the beans in whatever elese happens

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I have a loaf of white bread, extra soft. I made a sandwich last night and found brown streaks in the loaf.The brown stuff didn't look moldy (usually green with breadish items) or smell strange (it smelled like bread). It looked like the bread had a twist of cinnimon in it, but it's unflavored white bread. Is the brown stuff just wheat that didn't get bleached?

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Are you using a bread machine? If yes the recipe books usually have info on wierd things like that.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

This bread is from the grocery store. It tastes fine, btw.

9. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Never heard of that before, sorry

10. Dice

Media:
    Well if it didn't taste funny and it didn't make you sick I wouldn't investigate any further in case you discover something that you didn't want to know.

11. Arabwel

Media:
    Since I am an idiot who forgot to buy a pie crust and is too lazy to go to the store again but my craving for quche is great,,, how does one make a pie crust from scratch?

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Flour, water and butter.

Did you want exact measurements? :D

EDIT: Figured this'd be the place to ask. Subway has a bourbon chicken sub just out and I'm wondering if someone can post what is in bourbon chicken (aside from bourbon and chicken :p )?

[ July 28, 2006, 18:57: Message edited by: kuemper ]

13. Arabwel

Media:
    no thanks, got a nice recipe from Rlaly :p

as it is, I like to think I can make a pretty damn good quiche :D

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Meatball Kebabs

Arrange on skewers, alternating the pieces so they look nice, the following components:
    * Cooked meatballs (I use (gasp!) frozen, thawed)
    * Onion, cut into large chunks
    * Green and red bell pepper, cut into chunks
    * Pineapple chunks
    * Whole cherry or grape tomatoes

Brush with the bottled teriyaki sauce of your choice and broil or grill, turning and basting frequently, until the pineapple is starting to brown and the veggies are starting to soften. Be careful to keep the meatballs moist so they don't dry out.

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I have to brag about this:

Tonight, I shall dine on a scrumption meal of homemade corn bread, salmon* and au gratin potatos followed by the delicious coolness of chocolate swirl cheesecake. :yum: :yum:

*They were good salmon, members of the family. For others - don't raise your future consumeables from infanthood.

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Pesto

2 c. fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
    3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
    ~1/3 c. pine nuts, toasted
    Generous pinch of kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper to taste
    ~1 c. EVOO
    ~1/2 c. grated Parmegiana-Reggiano

Put the basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt and pepper into a food processor. Whirl it all until combined, then add the oil in a thin stream while the motor is running. Stir in the cheese and adjust the seasonings.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Cookie fest today. Here's what I'm making and will share the recipes if anyone wants to know them:

oatmeal chocolate chip
    chocolate oatmeal drops
    thick white cookies
    chocolate twists (look like dog poop)

18. Arabwel

Media:
    Yes please! :D

19. Dice

Media:
    I forgot how good spagetti squash is. My mothers neihbour gave me two of them. I prepaired the first one with a simple alfredo sauce but I'm thinking about being a little more extravagent with the second one.

20. Arabwel

Media:
    Well, Last night I made one hell of a soup....

FIrst, I cut up some red cabbage, yellow pepper and onion and ossed them on a pan with basil-infused oil and some fcrushed garlic. When they were soft, I dumped a can of tomatoes on them, together with a aurt or so of broth and some chopped-up potatoes and baby carrots -a nd beans. Soy and pinto beans, to be exact. Let itcook for an hour na a half, then added red and green lentils. and of course there were random spices.

Damn, but this stuff is GOOD :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.