1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Converting SP Kits to WeiDU

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by CamDawg, Jan 10, 2004.

1. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

This came up in the Sylvan Mystic thread... it seems many of the kits here at SP currently require IEEP or have complicated install processes. If I can get the individual kit creator's permission, is there interest in seeing these kits converted to a WeiDU install process?

2. a soubriquet Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yes, I would be very interested. Would that include an easier way to have more than one at a time as well? How it is now, it can get really annoying and long after you already have two or three installed and want to install two or three more.

Either way, great idea :thumb:

3. CamDawg

The kits would have total compatibility with other mods unless something in the kit itself prevents it (i.e. a kit that is written in such a way that it must overwrite something else) and installation would be a one-step process. I'm thinking that each kit is a separate component in a single download, that way you can pick and choose which ones to install and multiple kits are possible.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, please! :) :thumb:

5. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] This is a great idea indeed!

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Go for it, I keep getting mails from people who aren't nearly proficient enough to be able to install them, but still want to use them. Send them to me after you convert them and I'll add the WeiDU versions.

For those where you can't contact the authors, assume you have permissions to convert them; all the kits on SP are authorized anyway, and I'm sure none of the authors would object to conversions. Especially since the original versions will remain up for those who might want to use them for some reason.

7. CamDawg

Cool, thanks. Sylvan Mystic is already converted and three of the five Drizzt1180 kits should be fairly simple to convert, but the Arcane Fist and Archer of Sylvanus are going to pose a few problems. Ah, we'll see.

8. tabari Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Yay!
    Thanks Camdawg!
    If the installation proces becomes even slightly less humbling I will be very happy. :D

9. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Cool, another excellent mod :)

10. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

CamDawg didn't mention the ONE compatibility limitation, which is the extremely hard-coded cap on kits-per-class (9 or 10, I forget which), and yes, the existing kits count against that cap.

11. CamDawg

That's true; I guess I should qualify my statements a bit better. ;)

I've converted all five of Drizzt1180's kits and the Sylvan Mystic kit, though I'm still tweaking the code to get proper item restrictions for the Arcane Fist and Archer of Sylvanus.

12. tabari Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Will the converted Sylvan Mystic kit be available for download soon?

13. CamDawg

Everything is coded, I just want to test the kits a bit to make sure everything is working. I'll submit it to Tal within a day or two, depending on how much time I have to test in the next few days.

14. icelus Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@CamDawg: When the mod is ready, I'd be happy to host it as a mirror. I've got a ton of space and bandwidth that I'm not using. :)

15. CamDawg

Thanks, icelus, I'll take you up on that--check your email. It was finished a few days ago; Tal's putting it up on the next site update.

BTW, I'm going to set up a forum over at Gibberlings Three. If anyone has any problems with the conversions, or suggestions for new kits, I'll take them over there so we don't clutter up SP. :)

16. icelus Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hallelujah! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.