1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Conservative rival to wikipedia

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by CĂșchulainn, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Not ignorant...just, uh...'special'...like their minds exist on a different plane than the rest of ours.

We should give them credit though because they are able to completely shut their minds off to reality, and that in itself is an impressive mental feat...I guess...

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Sure. They probably wouldn't acknowledge the credit though. :p

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

@Chickenisgood: I haven't checked enough articles to know, but if it's true we have a rather amazing leap of mental logic: to protest the secular and unamerican wikipedia, you write your own articles using said wikipedia as one of the main sources.

Is there a conservapedia for the Middle East? It would be fun if they would compare notes. Believers of the world, unite! :D

4. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The two examples I base my statement on were "Vagina" and "Sex". Both topics that would be prone to editing in a vulgar and inappropriate manner. Take your hateful attitude somewhere else please.

Returning to the examples I sited, they are trying to disconnect their site from obscenity or vulgarity. The site is designed to reflect their view of reality. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong.

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Completely ignoring history and scientific theory makes it wrong, though.

7. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I notice that they have locked out such dangerous words as "Vagina" (half the population has one), "Penis" (the other half of the population has one), and "Sex" (by far most of the population wouldn't exist except for this).

However, they do have a long treatise on Homosexuality, a topic that is far more controversial and just as difficult to police.

8. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Article on chickens:

Apparantly their homeschool 'education' isn't doing what it should. You can't tell me that they couldn't improve the fluency of this at all. The bolded part was of course added by me and is another one of this sites gems.

9. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, chicken can survive without their heads, true, but that's really rare, and only happens if you were to remove the head with really great precision. The record for a headless chicken living was ten years or so.
    But that being said, there are plenty of other creatures, like a cockroach for example, that can survive without their heads for some time.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's still very stupid, the whole article is. The wording is horrible, and it seems that it was written by someone in five minutes (probably was, I wouldn't be surprised.)

I happened to wander there and came upon an article of "Shogun." It was, as they stated their articles to be, very "educational." Just look at it! :rolleyes:

"Ruler of Japan from the Minamoto clan."

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I love how the first thing they have to say about Cuba is that they 'relied on slavery longer than any other nation or colony in the Western Hemisphere.'

Damn those American hating commies! How dare they have slaves in the 1870s!

LoLLerskates *HUGZ* :rolleyes:

11. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

12. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    The wikipedia entries for "vagina" and "sex" are actually very tasteful. Given that these are subjects that most human beings will, at some point, need to understand, refusing to carry them in a scholarly reference is more then a little silly.

13. kin hell Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Suggested debate topics for Conservapedia

1. is cretinism a required prerequisite for the ability to embrace creationism as a given fact?

2. given that humans are a topographical doughnut(australian english spelling sorry) how do we achieve the cream filling if we dont have a penis or a vagina?

3. is LIFE INTIMIDATING ART the divine inspiration of Scared Art (as opposed to sacred art)?

[ April 14, 2007, 03:49: Message edited by: kin hell ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.