1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Conservative rival to wikipedia

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by CĂșchulainn, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Upon further research, I found Wiki Christian lacking theological depth, and carrying a distinct bias against fringe christian groups.

I also found that Conservapedia was also not very deep in most regards.

I do wonder why certain theories are suppressed or the questioning of said theories was omitted.

I found that the critisisms of Evolution bring up good questions that I have yet to see answers for...

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Heh, I like the note at the end of the article on God.
    With their two sources been www.biblebelivers.org.au and www.letusreason.org

Or the amount of external links from the article on Bible is impressive.

3. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Wikipedia? Biased? Inaccurate? This is news? I thought everyone knew the problems with wikipedia. That being said, I got some good laughs out of the above quotes.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would imagine that's because you haven't looked. ;)

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yay, I realized I'm a conspiracy theorist!

"At the height of the scandal that led to the impeachment of President Clinton, Hillary Clinton blamed it all on a "vast right-wing conspiracy." [1] Her statement was widely ridiculed. " - article on H. Clinton.

It's nice how much you can learn about yourself from other people.

6. Gnarfflinger

Considering it was as a result of this thread where I learned of these questions, adn I only get online at night, I haven't had the chance to look...

7. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Ok, I changed my mind... this is actually quite inspired:

Should be put on his gravestone, natch... :1eye:

8. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I am definately sure that the main sources of the authors are Hollywood movies. Just read the article about Achilles

Isn't this exactly the way Achilles was presented in the movie "Troy"?

9. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

BOC, that's pretty funny. Seriously, it was a "long time ago"? And he had a "gang of men"?

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I like this little tibit on energy: web page

*bold added by me.

11. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I love how many times they cite a)Themselves b)Wikipedia and c)The Bible... It really adds to their credibility.

[ April 06, 2007, 10:09: Message edited by: ChickenIsGood ]

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

BOC... Interesting, I don't remember Achilles having such a big role in the Odyssey, but who am I to say?

13. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

@Shaman

In Odyssey Achilles appears only during Odysseus' journey to Hades.

@Goli

"Gang of men" and "long time ago" are minor offenses compared with "Marmodons" or "He was a big character in the Odyssey and Iliad by Homer, but he isn't in any other Greek plays, because he wasn't a king", which indicate a total ignorance about classic literature.

14. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

True, BOC, those are much worse. Still, I can't help but chuckle to the crude wording.

15. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] I found that wikipedia has highlighted the conservapedia article on Kangaroos. Here's why:

This is followed by a discussion on whether they got to Australia by land or by clinging to driftwood :D

16. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    "The goals of the homosexual movement include:"

Theres a homosexual 'movement' now?

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Guess what. They have no artical on TV. :lol:

Why not you may ask. Well your guess is as good as mine.

18. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Their sex article has been removed and is protected so that no new article can be written.

19. Gnarfflinger

ANything that can't be handled respectfully, tastefully, or that will be hard to police is probably locked out...

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Or anything that doesn't comply with their ignorant worldview.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.