1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Complete the OC and now working on MotB

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Munchkin Blender, Mar 30, 2009.

1. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    For a (Lawful) Neutral version would a Bard/RDD/FS/DG sound good?

2. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

not really, mainly since bards can't be lawful. and you will have a hard time becoming a DG without either paladin, bg or cleric levels. SInce the DG requires turn undead feats to qualify. If you ment DC, then ignore e :p

@ munchkin blender. I prefer builds that can melee and cast spells too, really why bard builds are my favorite. although I have had fun with SB 3/ wiz 5 / EK 10 in SoZ, might try it in OC/motb.
    My Pal 4/ FS 26 was the same idea, although it suffered from few skills compared to both bard buidls and the SB/WIZ/EK.
    your Pal/Sorc/RDD/Ek sounds good, but I will probably change RDD to ASoC and maybe pal to BG, depending on alignment, to maximize casting and avoid my dreaded RDD ;)

3. pplr Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Ahh.... I was thinking about when bards used to be any neutral for their alignment (including lawful neutral).

In that case would a sorcerer/cleric/RDD/DG work well?

Would probably be more of a caster than fighter but it would be a lawful neutral variation.

4. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Personally I don't think a Sorc/Cleric/RDD/DG would work wonders, Despite the ability buffs the RDD gives, the Cleric will simply be more powerful if they stay pure or near pure. since the DG gives spell progression it is not a problem to take this PRC. but the RDD will ofcourse buff the clerics AB and damage potential in melee, but it will weaken the clerics casting abilities to much to be worth it in my opinion.

5. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

The problem with changing a Pal to BG for the Sorc build is that the EK requires the character class to be good or non-evil. That almost elminates the BG class.

Earlier today I actually thought about a Sor/AS/EK/Pal build. This would provide the character with a total casting level of 25 and that can be increased to 29 with that feat there that increases the character spell casting level thingy. This class would be fantastic with the Spell Casting Prodigy feat and would end up as one of the more overpowered class builds. Another way to go with the build would be to swap the Pal levels for FS.

One build I may try is this...

Wiz (5)/AS (10) / RW (10) / EK (5)

Talk about a very fun and interesting build. This build would be the most powerful Arcane build as you would dump all of the ability points into INT and start off with an INT of 18. This build would end up with all the crafting feats, metamagic feats, and have a caster level that would by pass any magic resitance. I wonder if anyone has tried a build like starting in the OC through MotB.

What do you think of my Ultimate Arcane build?

6. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

you are mistaken about the EK, the EK has no alignment restrictions in NWN, I don't know about PnP, but in NWN doesn't have any alignment restrictions.

since you loose 1 spell level on the first Ek level a wiz 10 / ASoC 10 / RWoT 10 would be slightly more powerfull in the spell department and have another bonus feat from wizard. but the EK levels are worth it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Loosing one spell level isn't all that bad when you can take Pratice Spell Caster and gain that missing level back easily for the spell DC power. What would the different be between in total number of spells? I don't think it would be all that much, would it?

8. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

not at all, EK is always worth it for a wiz or sorc, imho.

9. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Yes very true...

So here is my build... The Bone Dragon Warrior

Bard/RDD/BG/PM 12/10/4/10

This is how I will level up the character w/feats.

1 Bard - Hero's Luck
    2 Bard
    3 Bard - Battle Mage Medium
    4 Bard
    5 Bard
    6 RDD - Able Learner
    7 RDD
    8 RDD
    9 RDD - Power Attack
    10 RDD
    11 RDD
    12 RDD - Cleave
    13 RDD
    14 RDD
    15 RDD - Toughness
    16 BG
    17 BG
    18 BG - Divine Might
    19 Bard
    20 Bard
    21 PM - Epic Divine Might
    22 PM
    23 BG - Divine Shiel
    24 PM
    25 PM - Epic Divine Shield
    26 PM
    27 PM - Armored Skin
    28 PM
    29 PM - Improve Str
    30 PM

Starting 1 level stats...

STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 12 WIS 10 CHA 18

Ending Stats....

STR 30 DEX 14 CON 14 INT 14 WIS 10 CHA 22

AC without equipment: 29
    AC without equipment using Epic Divine Shield: 41
    Damage bonus w/ Power attack and Epic Divine Might: 25
    BAB: 21

This is my build I'm am going to use through MotB. The race is Yuan-ti Pure Blood as it provide bonuses to 3 stats, +1 AC and MR.

What do you think?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  10. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

there is no Epic Divine might in Vanila NWN2, so are you using some mod to alter that ( I use Kaedrins prc pack, but that doesn't add that feat as far as I know). If you do use kaedrins, you don't need the 4th BG level by the way.

I like that you take PM in epic levels, imho a good idea, because of the bab progression in Epic levels, that Said, I still think the NWN2 PM is weak, since instead of 9/10 spell progression as pr PnP rules, it gets 1/2 spell progression (kaedrins mod again changes this to the PnP version). that Said I think you build looks good and fun.

11. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I playing MotB. I was just illustrating how I leveled up my character. Since my character starts off at level 16 at the start of MotB you would be able to figure out my character without too much trouble.

I know in NWN1 epic level characters received a different BAB progression; however, from all the resources I reveiwed for NWN2 the BAB is based on the character class regardless of the character level.

12. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

you misunderstand me, there is no Epic divine shield, in NWN2 + Expansions. the feat doesn't exist. there is Epic divine might, but divine shield don't have an upgrade in epic levels.

yea I had the BAB rules mixed around, it's attacks pr. round that exceeds the cap from PnP, not the BAB progression, which I for some reason had an Idea of got to full bab for all classes in epic levels.

13. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Oh ok...

They should have an Epic Divine Shield feat, which would provide a bonus to AC of Cha bonus and +2 and last x2 Cha bonus.

14. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

they should, I agree, but as far as I can undestand there is a hardcoded limit to how much a givin AC bonus can give, which is 20 (as far as I know). Epic divine shield, stacking with other such bonuses would hit that border so early the feat wouldn't be worth it.

bah a quick google search yielded this, which explains it far better than I can.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=613568&forum=109

15. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Here is my character…

Bard / RDD / BG / PM – 8 / 10 /3 / 4
    STATS: STR 27 DEX 14 CON 14 INT 14 WIS 10 CHA 22
    AC: 53
    HP: 322
    BAB: 18

Equipment: Mithral Full Plate +6 of Regeneration (Still have a slot open to add a new property), Adamantine Great Sword +6 (2d8 Electric, 2d8 Ice, 2 Magic), Shield of the Mage, Durthan Cloak, Boots of Soul +5 w/ +3 to Con, Construct Girdle (will be swapped out for the Storm Giant Belt after completing the Thay area in the game), Simbulmyn Bracers, Ice Troll Helmet, Amulet of Divine Resistance, Bone Dancer’s Ring, and the Ring of Protection +3.

Selected Feats: Hero’s Luck, Battle Mage (Medium), Able Learner, Toughness, Power Attack, Cleave, Divine Might, Epic Divine Might, Armor Skin, Monkey Grip

I just started the section in the Thay academy. My character is the tank; he rarely gets hit, he is tends to do the most damage when Epic Divine Might is activated, which averages 65 points per a hit. Most spells do not impact the character and the spells that do damage him are healed fairly quickly.

When I obtained level 25 I was leaving the hag area and after seeing the bonus from the shield vs. Divine shield I went with the feat Moneky Grip since I was already wielding the Great Sword. The -2 to attack was balanced out by selecting inspire courage instead of selecting inspire defense as the bard inspiration to use. The only down side is that the 50% bonus from the STR modifier was lost; though their is the +2 to damage from the inspiration.

What are the thoughts on my character? Is it easy to obtain a 50+ AC or is this unique to my build?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  16. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

it is relatively easy, with certain classes and combos.

my current fighter 13/BG 3/ NWNine 5/ FB 2. Can have around 40 AC when 2 handing. adding a towershield with enchants boots him up near you.

with his falcion he does around 50 pr hit, boosting it to 60-65 with divine might (wont get epic until next level). he can currently sneak attack for 2d6 and when I ad another BG level it will be for 3d6.

I also have feats enough to spare to at some point at Divine shield, will mean he can hit over 50 AC when two handing and probably over 60 with a shield. but I will let you know when / if I do it :)

also only monkey grib when needed. My char have Monkey grib too, but I only use to equip Shield+Falchion on harder enemies.

17. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Don't forget that my character is able to cast buffing spells on top of everything he already has. He can cast mirror image, displacement, ghostly visage, etc... to improve his ability to not be hit.

The shield has no penalty to the arcane casting and also provides bonus spells per a day, as does the cloak.

18. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

aye bards rock that way :) the spells are far better than a high AC to not getting hit.

still the highest AC i have seen was a theoratically ac of 121 ( I think) was on some wierd cleric combo, and was mainly ment as fun, since the char was near useless, as far as I remember.

19. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I heard of a Druid build that achives that high of an AC with Elephant Hide, buffing spells, etc...

I believe AC should not be buffed; instead find ways to make the AC as high as possible without buffing. Buffing just makes the higher AC that much better when buff, but buffing is not required.

For instance, the spells I use have no impact to the AC; they just provides my character a greater chance of not being altogether. Regardless of the AC, a 20 always hit.

20. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

found the thread about AC with google, the highest was "only" 101, a couple of builds had an unbuffed AC above 80 as far as I could tell. the thread ended with a conclusion that if you got your AC, 24 points higher than the highest AB possible, you would be crit immune, since a crit would never be able to be confirmed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.