1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Come to the Chatrooms!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Deathmage, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I don't know which add-on to enable... There's like 10 java scripts that aren't enabled :confused:

2. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I\ve popped in penty of times, but there are hardly anyone there. And the ones who are there, are always busy

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Silvershield, follow the instructions near the bottom of http://www.sorcerers.net/Community/IRC/index.php for installing mIRC and joining #sorcerers. mIRC is a dedicated IRC program.

Rawgrim, that's not really true, but if you just pop in and out, that's the impression you'll get of most chatrooms. Chatrooms aren't places where people would be chatting constantly 24/7, which is what most people new to chatrooms expect and leave if they don't encounter in 2 minutes of joining. Chatrooms can go without much discussion for hours, while at other times discussion can LAST for hours. But there's never any constant chatter. You might drop in in the middle of a discussion, or you might drop in in the middle of a lull.

So the way to get involved with chatrooms is to connect, say hi, then hang around for an hour or two. You don't need to stare at a blank screen all this time; many of us have mIRC running in the background and just check in every now and then and join any discussions we find interesting.

People who don't frequent chatrooms much have a habit of joining and leaving in under 5 minutes unless someone starts a discussion with them right away. But that's not how chatrooms work. You get a feel for it once you hang around for a while. No one in the chatrooms is in a rush. People chat when and if they feel like it and/or are behind the keyboard. The environment is relaxed and without any obligations.

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Bah, one of the java add-ons was disabled :rolleyes: All fixed :)

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I tend to check every 20 mins if I'm not at Uni, I'll make an extra special effort to say hi...

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Make sure you do! We need more Scots in there to offset all the English :p

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, so I'm at #sorcerers along with all the usual overnight crew...the two OPs, Beren and Fel are idle as usual...Dal's asleep, Ken is apperently "Off", and I'm waiting for others to join...and when they do, I won't notice until half of them leave. :skeptic:

But seriously, the chatroom has really calmed down this past year or so. There are too many people who are MIA these days as Sorvo pointed out last night. :bad: :rolling:

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've been on ther occasionally. But by occasionally, I mean OCCASIONALLY. I just don't find the time to sit on my computer anymore, sadly.

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Luckily, I have no life whatsoever outside of Bom and the FAI

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A few people have joined us but we could use a few more. The atmosphere is warm, the talk is entertaining and sometimes educational. Stop by for a visit the FAI is always open.

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'll try and get on every now and then, but my limited internet access during the week (not to mention that a lot of you are in different timezones) may make it difficult.

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Update: To night I learned about integrons from Dal and Lori. Sure we have trout fights, talk about games toss in some philosphy and do some random babbling but you just never know what might come up in FAI

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.