1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Collecting Reputation Points

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Sorvo, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Old Dog New Thread! I would just like to create another detailed list on how you recieve them. 1 at a time please, I don't need the whole list in 1 post. I still see you get one for recovering Joias flamedance ring outside the FAI from the hobgoblins on the NW corner

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Getting reputation is easy. For me, the biggest challenge has always been keeping it in check without outright murdering little children or constantly being an absolute wanker. Reputation is a stupid system the way it's implemented, especially when it comes to companion reactions...

(I might pull a list for you later from the game files. I just got up. :p)

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I would expect nothingless from you. I see you haven't killed yourself yet so I must have talked some sense into you.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I've become a lot better at dealing with my depression over the years, even on the worst of days. Suicidal tendencies are kept to a minimum. :shake:

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I've done a search for reputation changes in the game files:
    • Abela (the Nymph): -5 if you decide to abuse/kill her.
    • Agnasia: +1 if you give her Kereph's skull for Ghorak the Diseased.
    • Ardrouine: +1 if you kill the worgs surrounding the lighthouse to save her son.
    • Berrun Ghastkill: +1 if you return with Mulahey's Holy Symbol or the incriminating Letter.
    • Bjornin: +1 if you kill the half-ogres near Beregost.
    • Brage: +1 if you capture him and take him back to Nashkel.
    • Brielbara: +1 if you bring her Yago's Book of Curses to help her baby.
    • Charleston: +1 if you help him at the excavation and don't collude to kill him.
    • Dorn: -2 when you recruit him, +2 when he leaves the party.
    • Drienne: +1 if you bring her dead cat back to her.
    • Dryad (Cloud Peaks): +1 if you protect her tree from Caldo and Krumm.
    • Farmer Brun: +1 if you give him some gold after retrieving his son's body.
    • Fergus (Flaming Fist): +1 if you bring him an Angel Skin Ring for his beloved.
    • Firebead Elvenhair: +1 if you bring him the History of the Fateful Coin.
    • Flaming Fists: -1 if you're caught stealing.
    • Gallor: -2 if you decide to kill Charleston for him.
    • Gellana Mirrorshade: +1 if you bring Samuel's body to her instead of Flaming Fists.
    • Hulrik: +1 if you kill the xvarts attacking his cows.
    • Joia: +1 if you bring back her Flamedance Ring.
    • Melicamp: +1 if you successfully transform him from his fowl state.
    • Mr. Colquetle: +1 if you give him back his dead son's amulet, -1 if you refuse or insult him.
    • Nadine: +1 if you brought her wayward son the amulet to protect him.
    • Noblewoman (Helm and Cloak): -2 if you rob her.
    • Areana: -1 if you blackmail her after the assassination.
    • Noralee: +1 if you bring her gauntlets back to her.
    • Oublek: +1 if don't pretend to be Greywolf and take his reward.
    • Petrine: -1 if you kill her cat, Angel, for Bheren.
    • Pilar: +1 if you bring back her ring from Gheldehar*.
    • Prism: +1 if you allow him to complete his work.
    • Quinn: +1 if you bring him back Nester's Dagger.
    • Quoningar: +1 if you give him a Potion of Mind Focusing*.
    • Reputation Man (Bandit): Raises or lowers your reputation by 1 (for development purposes).
    • Scar: +2 if you wipe out the doppelgangers in the Seven Suns compound.
    • Shilo Chen: +1 if you kill the ogre magi causing trouble*.
    • Silke: -2 if you do what she says instead of sticking with Garrick.
    • Slaves: +2 if you helped save the slaves before flooding Cloakwood mines, -2 if you didn't.
    • Tamah: -1 if you extort her home from her after unpetrifying her, +1 if you ask for nothing.
    • Vai: +1 if you talk to her after taking care of the Bandit Camp.
    • Viconia: -2 when you recruit her, +2 when she leaves the party.
    • Baeloth: -2 when you recruit him, +2 when he leaves the party.
    Items marked with a * might not actually work if they exist in the game at all.

This should cover the vast majority of stuff, sans temple donations or the penalties for killing guards and innocents.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    hedron, ConjurerDragon and Taluntain like this.
  6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Now that's what I call exhaustive!

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    More like exhausting. It took 2 minutes to find all of this stuff and then over an hour to go over it and write it down in a meaningful way. :D

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Exhaustive AND exhausting! :kneel: :lol:

9. Sorvo

Media:
    Bastard! I forgot you did this and was gonna post another :( :beer:
    Anyway, you get 350xp and info on the mines for the Hulrik encounter.
    On another note in that area you get 300xp for completing the Ogre quest to the south and Sarhedra is worth 270xp without rep loss. :beer:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.