1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Coffee

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Gaear, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I checked and it looks like there hasn't been a Whatnots-ey coffee thread here since around 2006, so ... how do you like your coffee? I assume everybody drinks it.

I like regular old coffee (no cappucinos or iced coffees or mocha dark bean Cambodian flavor demon coffees or whatever) with cream and just a little sugar. Is good. :yum: I like to get the 'house' coffee after a meal at sit-down restaurants to see how good it is or isn't. Usually it's pretty good, even if it's possibly just Folgers. ;)

Dice likes this.
  2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Always black, no sugar or cream. Though I like "some" of the flavored coffees. My old lady buys a blend called "Jamaican Me Crazy" that I like. Also enjoy "Irish Grog" by Cameroon's Coffee.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Black and strong, no sugar or cream.

If possible, I'd get a double espresso or ristretto.
    I guess it was Sir Bel who captured it quite nicely "Just like my women: Hot, Black and Strong"

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just black ... can't really stand anything in it anymore. Like the old saying "Once you go black you never go back."

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Black and strong - the same way T2B likes his women. :lol:

My wife loves flavored coffee, and especially Starbucks, which IMO, isn't really even coffee, but more like a coffee-flavored dessert.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Strong coffee (preferably Peet's), with some half and half or black, either way is good. Never sugar or fake sweetener, never flavored coffee. Preferably no Starbucks, as they might as well use a frickin' torch on the beans the way they over-roast them.

Harbourboy likes this.
  7. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I take mine double-double. That's Canadian for two cream, two sugar.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Troo dat! :D In fact, I never went "white".

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Quite strong intense coffee with plenty of milk. Basically, a latte. I drink lots of coffee. Like upwards of 6 a day easily. My basically immune to caffeine now I think!

Dice likes this.
  10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    If I can afford it, caramel latte with extra shot. If I can't afford it, milk and two sugars. As strong as possible :D

11. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You assume everyone drinks it? Inaccurate assumption! ;)

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like coffee sometimes just with a lot of milk in it. Sometimes I like it with chocolate powder added and milk. Mocha thing. IMO coffee is a beautiful and wondrous liquid.

13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Strong with a touch of milk, or black. And served in a large mug so I won't need too many refills. :coffee:

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Pretty much only a short black espresso.

I simply can't understand how so many of you can contemplate ruining your coffee with cream.

Off topic: 13,000........ That deserves a drink. :coffee:

15. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Just a traditional cup of coffee, with nothing in it. Preferably strong. Occasionally an espresso after dinner and at any place they serve Illy.

16. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Ohhhh! We used to have an Illy espresso-maker at my parents' house. I miss that. Now I'm drinking Sense.. Senssss.. Sennhhuuhuhaa.
    Sorry I can neither say nor type it down. What it comes down to is that I should buy a new, regular coffee-maker and get rid of this diarrhoea-machine that feeds on pads.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That was Mat (Mathetais). And wow, Nun still lives! ;)

I've been thinking about quitting actually. Mostly due to the fact I can live without additional alert to my nerves. As it stands, I love mocha, or a small affogato (espresso with a splash of ice-cream). Often end up getting the biggest bowl, I mean cup, of coffee of the day from Coffee Heaven, though. Basic cofee, basic coffee machine, possibly decent beans. My newest favourite (not like I've never had it before) is with honey and root spices, with foamed milk on top.

Used to be a huge fan.

18. Dice

Media:
    Actually I have an espresso machine that I use occasionally. You can use a good espresso for a lot of things.

19. fastfritz Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I like a very smooth coffee and black only. When I started high school back in the dark ages, by best friends mom always gave me a cup of her coffee before we left for school. Nobody else had coffee that tasted as good as hers so one day I asked what her secret was. She showed me how she made it. She had a big plastic container that fit on a cafree. The container had a 2" X 1/2" deep recess in the bottom and a 3/8" hole at the very bottom. Into the recess she placed a 3/8" thick white felt filter and put a rubber stopper in the hole from the outside. Then she would pour in a pound can of ground coffee and add 2 cans of cold water, put a saucer to cover the container and let this set for 24 hours. Then she would place the container on the cafre and pull the stopper.Once all the coffee liquid and drained into the cafre it went in the fridge. To make her great coffee 1 ounce of coffee syrup went in a cup a filled with boiling water. She claimed that since the coffee syrup had never been hot there was no oils to produce that strong bitter taste. To this day I still make my coffee this way although now I cheat and use a generous jigger to make a stronger cup of wonderfulness:yum:

20. Dice

Media:
    I've never heard of making coffee that way fastfritz, thankyou for the info. I'm always looking for ways to improve my coffee experience.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.