1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Clockwork Revolution - Shapeshifter Games joins inXile

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Feb 24, 2024.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]News that ex-Volition Studio is now working on Clockwork Revolution:

[​IMG]

Shapeshifter Games Winds Up Clockwork Revolution

We're happy to announce that the newly formed Shapeshifter Games - formed of ex-Volition developers - is working with us to help bring Clockwork Revolution to life.

Shortly after Volition closed, we flew to Illinois and worked with Xbox and the then ex-Volition leadership to secure this new team as our co-development partner. Their wealth of industry experience further bolstering our efforts in developing our upcoming steampunk RPG Clockwork Revolution.

But the story doesn't start there, our history with Volition goes back to the 90's as our Studio Head Brian Fargo published their classics at Interplay. "I was very grateful to be able to help secure this new studio and get some truly amazing developers to help make Clockwork a reality. Co-dev groups are almost a given these days, but this one is special for us because of my long history with them going back to the Descent and FreeSpace games."

inXile President Chris Keenan's also has some history with the team. "One of the first games I tested in my career was Descent, so I have a special place in my heart for the Parallax/Volition team and history. First priority was ensuring these folks had a place to land on Clockwork Revolution, and we're thankful we were able to get it done so quickly. Bringing in new development partners can be challenging, but this was a rare partnership that felt right from the beginning."

Shapeshifter Games Studio Head, Matt Madigan added "The talented and experienced team that joined Shapeshifter has hit the ground running. We've had a lot of support from former Volitionites, and are truly grateful to inXile and Microsoft for the opportunity to assist with the development of a great new IP."

We're of course looking forward to sharing more about Clockwork Revolution. . . in due time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2024
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.