1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cloakwood

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by kuemper, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I am not sure what level you are but by the time I head up to the mines I have explored Durlag's tower, all of the southern maps, werewolf island, etc... I am almost at my max level before I even enter the mines.

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    @Silver Knight: How can you go to the werewolf island first since you have to give Mendas the charts from the guild in Baldur's Gate?

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

You can't get over the big bridge until Chapter 5 unless you cheat and jump over the drawbridge part. That means you can't get to Baldur's Gate or Ulgoth's Beard. (IIRC, you have to go north from the other side of the bridge in order to get to UB.) There would be no way to get to Werewolf Island in Chapter 4 unless you cheated, and I'm not sure it wouldn't cause a bug even then.

4. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

Sorry about that. I did all the other quest in U.Beard before I ventured into the mines. I only recently I have restarted playing the BG series and forgot you have to complete the Cloakwood mines to get into BG to complete the Werewolf Island. I did the quest within U.Beard though.

5. MrNexx Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Not accurate, Felinoid; you can get to UB if you can go north, not just from the north side of the bridge.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@MrNexx:
    I've heard that, but I've never been able to get it to work.

7. MrNexx Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I could've sworn you could; I may have to recheck.

8. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31

You can and there's a gnome (or some sort of shorty) that you can pickpocket a ring of freedom off of there. Helps quite a bit when getting through Cloakwood.

9. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Uhm, Am I the only one that never really had any big problem with Cloackwood, compared to the rest of the game of corse. :)

Archers (my own PC a elf ranger, kivan, coran), stealth, picking up some means of free movement as soon as posible to use someone stealthed to trigger all the traps and just walk out again. Heck i even like Cloackwood, just love roaming around in forest maps.

10. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I love Cloakwood!

I actually only have two tanks, and I use them to take out the spiders with bow and arrows.

I'm just about to enter the mines, and I got through the first few screens by having stocked up on:

-plenty of arrows: (1) normal which I purchased from FAI, 2) +1 arrows, and (3) Ice arrows stocked up from taking out those Black Talons!

-plenty of healing potions from the Beregost temple

-plenty of antidotes

-a few exilirs of health

-have a cleric with some healing spells, Hold Person (for the humans) and Entangle (very underrated spell)

-a mage with at least 2 slots for fireball (I haven't used the wand yet!)

11. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Haha, all you need is a bunch of archers, someone with stealth + free movement. If you want to add more, add an illusionist with ring of wizardry and lots of lots of Blindness spells memorised.

Pitty i cant use higher level slots to memorise blindness, that spell is way to powerfull. My level 1 illusionist takes out Ogre's in 1 on 1, blindness spell + sling all the time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.