1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Children of Bhaalspawn

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Nakia, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Koki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"If I were the programmers, i would've added to every bhaalspawn dialouge the option "You're a Bhaalspawn? I will not suffer competition. Prepare to die!" or something similar..."

I'd add this or similiar line to BG2 as well. God knows I'd use it.

Irenicus/Bohdi: "blah blah I am so superior blah you will perish blah blah"
    Charname: Just... just shut up and die...

2. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Well..... we have two possible endings to the game, right? The one where the character chooses to be mortal. If that happens, the essence of Bhaal is hidden in Mount Celestial. meaning that any remaining people with some sort of taint in their blood would not be able to access those powers. The Gods hid it and are probably watching who tries to access it. If anyone tries, they are most likely dealt with. Knowing the Gods of Faerun, probably dealt with harshly.

Now, if the character chooses to be a God, he gains the entirety of Bhaal´s essence. Then he would have control of the power, meaning that he would be the first one to know if anyone tries to access the essence of Bhaal. The character would probably be the one to deal with it, then. Besides, when these grandchildren die, wouldn´t their essence return to Bhaal, or more accurately to the character or Mount Celestial? But still, the remaining offspring of Bhaal or the Bhaalspawn probably wouldn´t be tainted enough to make any use of it. Sort of like Sarevok. He´s a Bhaalspawn, but only by memory.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@ Yulaw9460

IIRC, there was some background story about this in one of the "histories." (Yes, I actually read some of them. 'scuse me for being curious :p ) Based on that, ANYONE can take the power and use it to increase their own... Now, wouldn't those sneaky little gods rather put it into good use rather that let it rot inside some silly mountain? ;)

4. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Well, some gods might use the power, had they the opportunity (Cyric, Talos, Bane, etc. comes to mind), but that´s sort of irrelevant, because the Solar tells the character that the power of Bhaal will be hidden away in Mount Celestial, if he/she chooses to become a mortal.
    And sure, anyone can take control of it. Sarevok tried. Irenicus and Bodhi actually succeeded in doing it... for a while. Melissan took most of Bhaals power, and she wasn´t even a Bhaalspawn. But in the end, Ao is pulling the strings. And the power is locked away, if the character chooses the mortal path. At least that´s what the Solar says. Then again, maybe she´s a lying bitch, who want to become a God herself. Who knows?

5. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I do not think that the child of a Bhaalspawn would necessarily have any of Bhaal's divinity in them.

Though if they did, it would create some interesting situations. ;) I guess like most things it's ultimately up to AO.

6. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I just had a flashback to Spaceballs:

"Behold my power, for I am Bhaal's son's cousin's nephew's brother's former room-mate!"

Re: Bhaalspawn-spawn - If one was unaware of one's heritage, then they could easily sire/bear children. Of course, the offspring would be suspected of the taint as well and probably executed at the earliest opportunity by those fearful of the prospect of "generational godlings". Then again, Sorcerors are premised on exactly the same sort of idea... hmmm...

Re: The other Bhaalspawn in Saradush - the disappearing one in Saradush probably splattered himself on that anti-teleportation field, while the rest would have been slaughtered in its sacking. There'd be one or two stragglers, to be sure, but Abazigal, Sendai and the others (including Balthazar) would be picking them off as they were discovered.

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Alright, this has been buggin me for a while. The dissapearing Bhaalspawn couldn't dissapear because Melisan taught him how not to, and he couldn't anymore.

So there. :rolleyes:

8. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    He can teleport if you cast horror on him. Try it the next time you play through.

9. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Re: Drew:

I think you need a high intelligence to get that option.

10. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Viekang (the exploding/disappearing/teleporting Bhaalspawn) can no longer teleport therefore he can't leave Saradush, it seems Jaguar is right too:

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You're all right.

Viekang *can't* jump from Saradush when you meet him in the tavern.

Yet, if the PC has a high intelligence or gulps down a potion of genius and one of your mages has Horror memorized, the newly smart PC can talk to Viekang and get a question about his jump ability. Take that option, talk some more, then cast Horror on him. He will initiate dialogue and jump.

If the PC did this, then Viekang did escape Saradush and is a viable option for being a Bhaalpapa.

12. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I can already see the story behind BG3: "Solar, the newly arisen goddess threatens Faeruun, and only YOU can stop her! After all, it was you who gave her the power and now you must reclaim it! Don't miss this action-packed FPS of the century!" :heh:

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Didn't Melisan teach Veikang not to teleport out because Gromnir's mages had created some sort of field which would make him teleport into their camp instead of elsewhere? So when you do make him teleport, he just ends up in Gromnir's hands.

Anyway, Melisan would make sure to have every Bhallspawn killed after you left for the rest of the Five. So his fate was sealed anyway.

14. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

She taught him not to teleport so he can stay in a place for more than a few days, because getting teleported was very annoying for him. And the force field was created by Yaga Shura's mages to make anyone who teleports with a spell out of the city to explode to pieces, but since he doesn't use a spell, but probably something more similar to what you use like teleportation between planes, it doesn't effect him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.