1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Char Level

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Neapolis, Dec 20, 2000.

1. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Defensive - YES!

Sylvus - "Sorcerer, how old are you by the way?"

Sorcerer - "What does that have to do with anything?"

Negative - YES!

Sorcerer - "I'm still not done checking all your grammar mistakes in the Online Solution, but at least your spelling has gotten so much better since IWD!"

You know, as many people will tell you, there is no reason to yell or become angry to get ones point across. People become defensive when they sense hostility and build protective walls around themselves so they're not hurt during the verbal exchange.

Perhaps being a little more nice towards people or watching thy tongue would help make your relationship with the posters more relaxed.

You have everyone jumping out of their seats with "Uh oh! This isn't BG2 related, you'd better look out!"

"Why would you be in trouble? You have the right to express yourself here, same as everybody else. That's why I created these boards in the first place."

So then, unban Talon :)

Syl...

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Now I wouldn't go that far... TheBlackTalon was more hawking than expressing! :)

And I always get a smile when I see all the "uh oh!" posts... I think of them as a tweak to both Sorcerer and the person who posted... :)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited December 21, 2000).]

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A "tweak"?

Is that like a "bump"?

Syl...

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    More like a "pinch" or a "poke" :)

Have you never had your nose tweaked?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Syl, geez, if you can't take some constructive criticism it's not my fault. I meant that your spelling has improved in good way. (Could there be any other??).
    It's a simple fact, not something you can make a discussion out of.
    And yell? I don't know where you're getting this from. If you're trying to patronize me you're barking at a wrong tree here, hehe.
    Especially with half of your arguments having little to do with what this post started from.
    And as for watching my tongue, you don't qualify to be a critic in that field. You should know about the freedom of speech and all that crap USA is so proud about. (Not that I mean that in a bad way, before someone starts hitting me over the head here! :) )
    No matter if you're Canadian.

Oh, that one about Talon was REALLY stupid. I don't know whether you're so bored that you just have to post a reply to everything I and everyone else here says, or just feeling grouchy today.

Plus, if you're a moderator here, act like one and stop contradicting me with silly statements like the ones in your last post.
    Or is the whole moderator thingie here a role playing game for you as well?

Just a few points I wanted to get across to you and make you think about them for a moment or two.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited December 22, 2000).]

7. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Cheers to that!!

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited December 22, 2000).]

8. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Yikes!

I think Sylvus is just trying to get fired so he'll have more time to work on his skullport site! ;)

And I think Syl has just HAD his nose tweaked! :D

9. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Just curious: Why was Talon banned, exactly?

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Go to the Whatnots board and look at the "Tal and TheBlackTalon" post there; it's all explained in detail...

Essentially, all he did was post advertisements for his own site on these game boards (and everywhere else I hear). He never participated in discussions or even read replies to his own posts...

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] A side note: Talon was the only person banned from these boards since I created them in June (2000).

12. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think without a few grains of structure and discipline, this board might quickly degrade. There's nothing wrong with a bit of constructive criticism.
    If ya can't take the heat...
    Well, you know the rest.

13. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Well I don't know HOW I was missing this thread! But from someone who noted Talons' posts here on the Sorcerer's net, he was doing MORE than just recruiting.

He was threatening, cheating, and undermining from what I recall. Even stated that he was going to hack this site and down it -more or less.

Not that my opinions are always valid but I believe Slyvus is a good moderator. Of course I STRONLY have disagreed with several of his views but no 'biggie'. I also believe that Taluntain is a good moderator and webmaster. Compare this board to others... Sorcerer's Place rules over them with ease. Sure he can have STRONG views, if they are valid take em'. If not, pass em' up. He won't cry if you do.

Keep em on their toes fellas! Cept me of course. I deserve some slack and leeway for my posts! Ha! yeah-

now back to the thread subject... nevermind, it's already been answered a couple of times.

14. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Am I the only one that noticed that Taluntain misspelled the word "criticiSm" in the very same sentence in which he was criticizing the spelling of another? I found that to be fairly amusing.

15. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Touche.
    Just goes to show that nobody's perfect. That's why there's this handy ability to edit your posts and fix any spelling errors you noticed later OR are pointed out to you. ;)

16. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It's critiCism...
    Try again. :D

17. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Ahh.....civility rarely masks hostility, perhaps some of you have issues you should work out?

Scratch that, take a day off and solve it after Christmas. It helps to have a clear, happy head still reeling from endorphins.

I'm sure none of us are hostile on purpose, it could be just that some remarks we and others make could rub just so.

Instead of using many words to justify yourselves I do hope you guys would state your non-hostility instead. If you don't mean any offense, say so.

Merry Christmas! :)

[This message has been edited by Rakanishu (edited December 22, 2000).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.