1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chap 2 (repair the flying boat) and a simple question.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by dagreat, Oct 14, 2002.

1. dagreat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi all,

I got all the component to repair the ship. I also killed everybody inside the Ice Temple, exept the "sleeping" mage, Nickademus, and Zack.

Nickademus always tell me that he is not ready yet to finnish something that I don't remember I had to do. I killed the priestess and helped Abishais.

So, what do I have to do to put an end at this chapter?

The next question concern thief expert: How do we sneak attack in IWDII ???

thanks

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

SPOILERS!
    SPOILERS!
    SPOILERS!
    SPOILERS!
    SPOILERS!
    SPOILERS!

Take all your "ingredients", and put them on the table inside Oswald's airship. The table will "flash", like a spell had just been cast or something. Talk to Oswald, and he'll tell you "I can feel it in my toes".

That's it. Walk out of the airship, and just before you get to the exit, he'll tell you "don't wait up for me". Meaning, you won't be travelling to the next chapter by means of airship. So forget about the airship, for now.

Next, you must find Nathaniel's "bag" of goodies. It's on the second level of the ice temple, right next to a whole slew of "mirrored" people. You'll have to open the door, and there's a trick to it. There's a ring you can find, as well, but it is not necessary. Just extra XP.

Return Nathaniel's bag to him. He's on the top floor of the temple, in prison. If you've cleaned out the temple, he'll automatically take you to the glacier, and the path to the next chapter.

To sneak attack, you must be either "hidden in shadows", or invisible. Then equip a melee weapon (there is one weapon that I know of which *cannot* be used for sneak attacks, and the item description specifically says this), and just attack someone. There may be an "extra" benefit by attack from their backside, but I'm not for certain.

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The sneak attack answer above is incorrect.

You can sneak attack in those situations (hidden or invisible), but you can also sneak attack whenever your foe is facing away from you and engaged with another target. The game calculates this automatically, you don't do anything special to trigger it.

You do not get to repeatedly sneak attack even if you maintain an sneak attack eligible situation. You can get another sneak attack if your opponent loses sight of you completely and then you re-engage him in a sneak attack eligible situation. Mostly this happens if they opponent is blinded or you go invisible.

A common sneak attack tactic for those who micromanage their rogues in combat is to have them move down a line of bad guys, sneak attacking each one in turn while they attack your fighter line.

4. dagreat Gems: 1/31

hi ejsmith ,

I already saved Nathaliel and I gave him is bag. I also gave all component to the guy in the airship (by placing them on the table). But something is still missing, or my game is bugged.

Who is supposed to bring me to chapter 3? Is the an hiden exit or what?

5. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Did you defeat the dragon woman at the enterance of the ice temple or did you use the secret passage to get into the temple. If you have not defeated Sherincal, then Nathaniel will not open the passage to the Fell Wood and the Cold Marshes.

Are you sure you placed all of Oswald's spell componets and his book on the table. If you did then the spell should go off automatically and when you go to leave the ship he should tell you to go on ahead.

As for Nickademos, he will not call in his favor until the end of Chapter 5 so do not worry about this right now.

6. Fizity Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm not entirely sure about this, but the spell didn't work for me until I put the book Oswald gives you with the spell ingredients on the table too. That might be it?

Are you sure you killed everything in the ice palace? Includuing Caged Fury?

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Giving the bag *and* ring to Nathaniel has always been my last move. So the cutscene kicks in right as I'm walking out of the temple.

You may have to actually walk up to where he's waiting/working. It's back outside the temple, to the northwest of where Zack is standing. If you look on the area map, go as far to the northwest as you possibly can walk, then walk straight east one screen width. That's where Nathaniel and the passage will show up.

Other than that, I'd say you have some more people to kill, one way or another...

[edit: I might add that you *must* have the book in your possession before the dialogue choice with Zack, concerning the Belladona, will even come up. Are you sure you put all the indegredients on the table? When you ask Oswald about the spell, does he specifically tell you "I can feel it in my toes"?

[ October 15, 2002, 08:55: Message edited by: ejsmith ]

8. dagreat Gems: 1/31

Thanks all,

What went wrong is that I had saved Nathaniel (the guy in the prison), and I went to the game room, where I died. I reloaded my game but forgot to saved this guy again. So, I killed everything else thinking that I had saved him. With you help, I went back to his prison to find that he was still there, waiting for me. Poor guy.

thanks again.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.