1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Champions of Athel Loren: #3 My Kingdom For Some Catachan Green!

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Jun 28, 2008.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've only just got my primary colour back for my army so will resume painting soon :lol: But yeah, not done much painting (ie any) this week... so... um...

story time? :hahaerr:

*ahem*

Laera took one last look in the mirror, straightening her clothes, she was wearing formal garb in the colours of spring, bright, fresh greens with slight touches of blue in some of the stitching and embroidery around the trim. She was nervous, she had been called to speak with a new Spellsinger who was in the area.

She left for the meeting hall swiftly, passing through several corridors and small underground gardens before reaching her destination, she entered hesitantly. The room had several people sat in chairs discussing philosophical and political matters around her, most wore the colours of winter and autumn, though the deep greens of Summer were scattered through the number. She was the only representative of Spring present however, and she noticed the amused glances of elder Asrai as they whispered about her walking past them. A young Winter stood up as he noticed her and bowed slightly.
    "Mistress Laera, I presume?"
    Laera merely bowed
    "It is good to see one of the Spring here today. One of your energy is rarely called to an occassion such as this."
    "And what occassion would this be, sir?"
    "My name is Graelhan. I am a Spellsinger who has been put in charge of arranging a war party to fight the encroaching beasts of chaos challenging Athel Loren."
    As he paused Laera was aware of the pressing silence, the crowd around her seemed expectant suddenly, as if anticipating something from her, a responce perhaps? An attack?
    "I understand, Laera, that you were involved in a skirmish lately against the Beastmen, and performed admirably. The leader of your unit spoke highly of your skill and aptitude."
    "I thank you for the kind words, sir, but I am no stronger than my brothers and sisters that fight beside me." Graelhan simply smiled
    "Your modesty is noted, but not required. I have seen you in training and in practice and I believe every word your leader has said about you and more. Your skill surpasses your fellows in your regiment. Though I must ask you, are you prepared to fight and lead a regiment of archers? One that is composed of all seasons?"
    there was a muttering and whispering in the room, it appears this announcement was completely unexpected to those present and it made Laera uncomfortable, she noticed the brief flicker of doubt crossing the Spellsingers eyes as well.
    "If my commander has given me leave, sir. I shall gladly fight for your cause."
    Relief almost made Graelhan laugh as she spoke, but the chill in the air from the gathered spoke that he would be in trouble for this afterwards. He reached behind him to the desk and picked up a neat bundle.
    "Here, Commanda Laera, Lords Bowman for the Glade Guard of the War Party of All Seasons. I present you here in front of those gathered the cloak of the commander"
    He draped a thick cloak over her shoulders, living ivy growing along the length and the cords tying it.
    "I also present to you the sword of your station, an indication of your command of the group"
    He passed her a well crafted sword, forged from the best iron they could acquire, it had a dulled sheen compared to the other elves and Bretons nearby, but the intricated details attested to their smiths ability
    "Finally, I present the most important tokens of your leadership, I present to you the three medallions. They represent our King Orion, our Queen Ariel and the third represents The Oak of Ages - ruler of Athel Loren itself. Know that in wearing these medallions your anctions are sanctioned by the highest powers of Athel Loren, and if one of them ever breaks, know that you have displeased them."
    He passed her the final three tokens on a Spring green cord. Large metal, oval shaped medals, each one easily filling a cupped hand and warm to the touch. Laera bowed down to the Spellsinger before her
    "I thank you, sir, for the opportunity to prove myself, I shall not fail you or Athel Loren."
    "Then rise as Lords Bowmen, Commander Laera, you may leave here now. You shall recieve instruction tomorrow after I have concluded business here." He smiled warmly at her and she turned and left. Laera had no sooner closed the door to his office when she heard the gathered Asrai speak up, complaining about his poor judgement and choice in the matter.

She left swiftly, uncertain what awaited her.

damnit can't even put extra spaces or a tab...

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Time to 'fess up, I think. Much as I would have liked to post some pictures of my [finally] completed Dire Avenger unit, I not only cannot find the cable to connect my phone to the computer but also the cable to connect the camera. Until I find one or both, there will be no pictures. :(

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.