1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't get into this!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Cap'n CJ, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Easy Tutu is just Tutu made easy to install as Fel said. It also has an excellent 'read me' with recomendations of what mods to install and in what order.

I couldn't install Tutu either no matter what I did but Easy Tutu was exactly that...easy.

2. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Another question:

In BG2, Viconia is found in the Government district. If I finish BG1 with a party including her, would she still appear in the Government District, or in the cages with me?

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

In the Government district. Everyone will be in the same place every time; the game doesn't make allowances for who you finished your party with. You can kill Imoen, Jaheira and Minsc using Cloudkills and 50 fireballs to burn away even their bones, and they will still show up in the cages with you. :shake:

4. w.d. Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

woa, you dislike em that much do you "burn away even their bones", that's just so that there was no chance of them ever walking again, even as skeletons eh...
    Firey, kmonster has a point, if the problem is the fact that you start at lvl7/8 (and you cant make tutu work) then just get an editor and make yourself lvl 1... but if the game actually bores you, well there's no remedy for that...

5. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Starting at level 1 in BG2 wouldn't be easy, because the game is built for characters to start at level 7 or 8. It'd practically be suicide, wouldn't it?

6. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Starting at level 1 isn't difficult, since you gain 3 new party members (each of them could solo the game) before the first fight starts. And you gain the first levels very fast.

89,000 XP are less than 1/4 mage level on the long run.

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Heh, no. I love Minsc and Boo (who's the cutest little hamsty-wamsty!), and I'd never wish them harm. Well, except as an evil PC, but even then I stick to just killing the moron and leaving him to rot in Nashkel. ;) I was just using the example to prove the point that it doesn't matter one whit what happens in BG1, the BG2 NPCs will remain the same.

And yes, even as a level 1 character you'd have the others to protect you and level up pretty fast. Heck, you'd level up just from breaking Minsc and Jaheira out of their cells! (3000XP split between you and Imoen for breaking out the first one, plus 3000XP split between you, Imoen, and the first breakout for the second breakout. That's 2500XP for your character alone.) The only real problem would be removing abilities from your character that they shouldn't have at first level when you SK them down.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.