1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't get into Luskan?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Rgnar Earsbane, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Rgnar Earsbane Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have been trying to get into Luskan and I'm not having any luck. I can't find the key. Does anyone remember where the key is or who I talk too to get it? I have been going back through all the dungeons and looking for it, thinking I missed it. I still have to do the Elaith quest for gems, finish the werewolf quest, and get the convicts ears. I have already cleaned out the dungeons. Can anyone help out an old man:)

2. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

have you talked to aribeth & arin gent @ the barracs? unless they tell you to go...you cannot enter luskan. there is no key either, only a person that appears and opens the gate for you.

[This message has been edited by mASSIVe (edited July 10, 2002).]

3. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Umm.. what key?

To get into Luskan, you simply have to talk to Aarin Gend and Aribeth after gathering evidance that points to Luskan from at least two sources. Aarin will tell you that he has managed to convince his friend to let you pass through the gates to Luskan.

By the way, patch up your game (v1.19) before entering the gates. Some items could be lost in the transition if your game is unpatched.

Edit: Bah! mASSIVE beat me to it :p

[This message has been edited by Rhythm (edited July 10, 2002).]

4. Khazbee Gems: 1/31

Once you have amssed enough evidence of the cult, speak to aribeth and co and they tell you the gate is now open.

The gate in concern is north of griffin inn map-just go as far north as you can.

I have a proper dilemma in the fact that I have done all quests and spoken to correct people etc but had the misfortune of killing the guard after I threatened him during conversation- now when I go back to the gate, he attacks me evry time and won't open it! not good. Even worse, I try to save as little as possible so have lost best part of chapter 2. Im a bit mad as this is a bit of a showstopper, I have no objection to NPC's attacking rude or impolite people, but perhaps not NPC's that are critical to games progression.

If anybody has a solution or alternative route I'd love to hear about it? Is it possible to edit a charcters 'milestones' or reset the guard at al via the editor? If anybody knows I'd be most grateful. Email is jimmymac@clara.co.uk if ya do.

5. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG]
    get a savegame from someone, right after he entered luskan. then you start up a multiplayer game, load this savegame and select your previously exported char. now save the game and play it offline. should work...

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

There is a way to avoid the bug without having the patch, and that's to save your character right before entering the town, then once you enter and unlock the module, start it again with the saved char. You keep everything. But, that's :yot:.

I don't see how killing the guard would matter, as NPCs critical to the plot progression can't be killed. The Werewolf, convict's ears, and Elaith's quests do not matter to getting into the town. The Creator's dungeon is though, I believe.

7. Rgnar Earsbane Gems: 1/31

Thanks for all the help:)

8. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I can't get in to Luskan.

I've have spoken to Aarin and he said that the seargant att the city gates would let me in... but at the gates to Luskan, up at the Green Griffon Inn area, there's only those guard that whont let me in.

Where is that seargant?!?

9. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Oh this is bad..
    After having talked to aribeth i clicked on aarin to talk to him but then when he started his speech i pressed escape which in turn ended the dialogue. Then i talk to him again and he just tells me to meet him in luskan.
    Now I go on playing (bad idea) finish everything in chap 2, and now i can't enter luskan.
    Can anyone tell me what's supposed to happen or am i missing something?
    I'll lose almost half a chapter because of this. It's a nightmare!! Heeeeelp! :D

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What's supposed to happen is when you talk to the guard outside Luskan, he now opens the door for you.

I suppose your interrupted conversation with Gend may have left some flag unset...

11. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] That's exactly it :( Having checked, the journal hasn't been updated and Aribeth still tells me to talk to Aarin yet talking to Aarin doesn't help.
    It's sad that this one mistakenly (i was looking for the keypad 1) hit key has destroyed the main quest :cry:
    Hmm.. Would there be any way to rectify this situation via the console or editing the module through the toolset? I'd like a few pointers if yes.
    Or else I'm thinking of exporting the char, loading a previous uncorrupt game in multiplayer, import the char, then save as single player and continue? Would that be possible?
    Otherwise, this is one serious show stopper :shame:

EDIT: Ok problem solved :D
    I opened up the module in the toolset and edited some necessary scripts regarding this and voila! I'm in luskan ;)

Btw, it was the first time i opened the editor and it took me only 10 mins to find, edit and recompile the scripts!! This toolset is unbelievably intuitive and useful. It rocks! :)
    (Although loading that huge module took ages)

[This message has been edited by Invoker (edited July 18, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.