1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bug fixing

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by MindChild, Jul 15, 2005.

1. MindChild

MindChild Science should not set limits to imagination Resourceful Veteran

hm...weird, ya got me on that one, never seen that before...

anyone else have a clue there?

2. Datakim Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I dont think changing Max level and Exp works? :confused:
    I set the level to 40 and Exp to big enough value but it still says godhood after level 30.

The patcher from Avenger works well however so i know its not a 2da issue.

Was this even supposed to be able to go to levels higher than 30?

3. MindChild

boy...thats a little irritating...somehow i lost that change in the updates...so, yeah, it doesnt work as of right now (i KNOW i put it in there...) because the code isnt even there.

arg...good catch. Ok, when i get home tonight i'll put that back in...

will someone check the monk robe fix and try equipping and unequipping armour and weapons with it enabled to make sure that fix made it in there... (leaving for work right now so i cant till tonight)

edit:

ok the files above should be fixed now, would you care to try the new one and make sure that the level and exp changes are indeed working now?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  4. Datakim Gems: 1/31

It works! :)

Thanks!

5. MindChild

awesome, let me know if anything else comes up.

With the amount of sleep i get on my working days, you'd be surprised the kind of things i end up missing
    (one time i actually lost my keys for a good 30 mins...my wife let me know she found them...i was holding em...whew, talk about absent minded)

6. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    idea for next update...

Hello MindChild,

I had an idea for your next release, if you're interested:

Items which give damage reduction (10/+2 is most common) supercede Stoneskin (10/+5), rendering it useless. In the info screen the 10/+5 from Stoneskin disappears until you unequip the item again. I'm pretty sure the stoneskins don't work, since the skins never wear out from combat.
    The cleric's Iron Skins work differently, as the bonus is added to 'resistances' instead of 'damage reduction', so both the skins and the item's bonuses work.
    For this reason the Brazen Bands are better than the HoF Indomitable Bands, because those can only be worn by my clerics. Is it possible to work out some fix that allows damage reduction items and Stoneskins to work together?

7. MindChild

I am pretty sure that the damage reduction has only 1 effect that isn't stackable. This is the reason bull's strength and +str items shouldn't work together too (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

Now, adding effects as such is quite a feat...i may look into it but it may be a while until it makes it into a release.

8. coineineagh

Media:
    stoneskin problem

why don't you offer a fix that makes stoneskin work like ironskin? It will work against +5 weapons too, then, but that's a minor change...

9. MindChild

to change stoneskin to work like ironskin you simply change a 1 to a 2 i believe as ironskin and stoneskin use the same stat (which is changed in code to the corrosponding resistance/immunity/etc).

That is able to be done in the .SPL file and thus is not in the scope of my fix :p

10. coineineagh

Media:
    The Chain of Drakkas must be coded as a robe in the game, because my monk can wear it without losing his wisdom bonus to AC. I think it's awesome, because with Ease of Use it gives damage reduction!:D

I wish I'd discovered this little exploit sooner...

11. MindChild

I'm pretty sure that anything that doesnt give Spell failure chance must be robe. I think the failure levels are hardcoded to the type...ah well, they shoulda coded it better......I read the type as it should be...they should have had a stat for failure, me thinks. Hindsight is 20/20 i suppose...(ramble ramble)

Then again...if it doesnt get in a mage's way (who has 8 str or a -1 str mod...) when they are wildly moving their arms ala casting animation...why should it get in a monk's way when he's moving around...not only that but thieves can use their abilities (aren't thieves known for rolling around and stuff in battle...) with the same armour.

That being said...i think it offers a magic armor bonus as apposed to it just being really strong...thats my story and i'm stickin to it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  12. coineineagh

Media:
    Stoneskin idea

Protection from arrows gets a separate mention in resistances: Missile 10/+5.
    You could add 3 separate new types for piercing, slashing and bludgeoning as the effects of Stoneskin... it's ugly, but does the trick. Maybe this is in your scope? Is Stoneskin supposed to protect from other damage types too? If so, then it would look too ugly.

One strength enhancing item works differently, a mod item. Angurvadal +5 SETS STR to 22 and allows for a boost on top of that. But it is a mod item, and you probably know this already.

13. MrWuten Gems: 1/31

Hey Mindchild, thanks for the mod. I'm using it mainly for the robes for monk feature, but did you know that putting it on messes with the monk's unarmed strike BAB? Even though putting the robe on the monk allows him to retain his wisdom to his AC, it also cancels out the faster progression of the unarmed strike! Do you think this can be fixed in a future update?

Edit: I'm also using the ease-of-use mod for the weapon finesse feat to work in conjunction with the unarmed strike. In case this changes matters...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  14. MindChild

well, monk AC and monk AB is different ;)

I'll look into it though

15. MrWuten Gems: 1/31

I just figure that since the robe shouldn't impede his movement that much, it also shouldn't impede on his unarmed strike...

Thanks dude!

16. MindChild

Done and done. Try the new one listed in the first post. No config change required as i built it into the existing monk robe fix.

coineineagh likes this.
  17. MrWuten Gems: 1/31

Edit: Finally had a chance to try this out, and it works like a charm. Thanks again.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  18. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sorry to dig this up, but I'm getting the crc check error, even after updating the game. Does this have to do with the fact that I installed weidu mods 1st?

[edit] reinstalled the game, and it worked this time by applying this before any weidu mods

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  19. MindChild

if you get a CRC check you may have installed a CD crack or something...it checks the iwd2 exe and if you have modified it (i dont currently know of a weidu mod that does this), it will fail.

20. XTF Gems: 1/31

how to change this allowances?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.