1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bug after defeating Ravel

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Schaf, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Schaf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

hey guys
    last weekend, i picked up planescape: torment... an here i am, 4 days later, unusually inactive... guess why? this *IS* the best role-playing game i've ever played. THIS is what a real gamemaster would devise. simply love it.
    but... here's the deal, after i explore each and every branch of talking to ravel (and i *mean* each and every, tons of xp, wis +1, hair etc) except telling her i could fall in love with annah (prefer her to fall-from-grace [what an awesome name in itself! just not translatable!]), she turns on me and tries to beat me down. well, i don't like that, so i plummet her with everything i have (and that's quite something :) ).
    okay, the game says 32,000 xp, but suddenly my screen turns to in-game-movie, i see annah deal some more damage to some creature ravel had to support her, but eventually all dies down. i can still access the automap, see the portals and all, but i can't for my life switch back to the real view of the game! before playing the game, i patched it to version 1.1, used the fixpack 1.37, did a full-install (admittedly used some more tools from sorcerers place like no-fog-of-war in cities and armor.exe [though the armor is dull, don't need any]), so basically everything.
    can anyone help me, please? i *so* want to finish this addictive game, just to start it again :D

[ November 03, 2005, 21:47: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Think i had same bug once. never figured out what happened. I do not recal if i restarted or reinstalled. The game is not bugfree, so occationally weird things happens.

One install worked perfect, EXEPT for mortuary. wich means that i could not start a game, but i had a backup savegame from right after mortuary, and that worked :) So the game can act weird. try reinstal first (backup the savegame first)

3. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

How many CDs did your game come on? If it came on 2, then it is already patched. If you apply the patch to the 2-CD version, you actually mess it up. If that's the case, reinstall but don't patch it.

4. Schaf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

thanks for the replies, guys. yesterday, i tried it again and somehow, it worked this time! i'm in curst now, shortly before descending to the dump thingie. this is the first trime i tried to do a real roleplay and adjust my stats to those of a mage. 9 strength and constitution ARE a pain in the behind regions, but wisdom 25 (thank you very much, ravel and mage feat no. 2) really help nicely!

p.s.: bombur, i have the 4 cd version.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have sometimes found that a particular savegame was unstable but that I could fix the problem by going back to an earlier save.

PS:T is not exactly the world's most bug-free program... :( I recommend that you always keep two reasonably recent saves of your current game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.